Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
There’s lots going on in the travel and points world right now, so I decided the best way to make sure you aren’t missing any of the big happenings is to do a mini-recap of several different topics!
1. American Airlines is giving away anywhere from 0 to 3,000 miles for sharing your email address with them. I got a big fat zero miles because I was already subscribed to emails (I guess) and The Man got zero when I tried to create an account for him. Even though we struck out, many others are having success. People seem to have the greatest point success if they had their AAdvantage accounts for at least a period of time (don’t just create one for this like I tried!) and you have not already subscribed to all their email alerts.
2. The Continental Airlines shopping portal (read more here) stops giving double miles for purchases made using a Continental credit card on July 19th. Just one week left to make any purchases and earn double miles. I recommend going ahead and making any upcoming purchases that you have with one of their retailers before that deadline in order to maximize your miles! Click here to start shopping!
3. My Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) FourSquare points from this weekend have already posted – hurray! It only took 72 hours from check-out for them to post. Not too bad! I am hooked now! Read more about my experience with FourSquare here.
4. Rick from Frugal Travel Guy has been dropping some MAJOR hints that there are some big credit card sign-up bonuses coming in the next week or two. My guesses are increased bonuses on the SPG AMEX and a new United Airlines credit card. It’s pure speculation at this point, but I am betting on a 30,000 sign-up bonus with the AMEX with a lowish spend requirement in the $1000 – $2000 range and 40,000 – 50,000 mile sign-up bonus for the new United card. I think that one will also have a relatively low spend requirement in order to get the bonus. There is a lot of guessing going on, but keep checking back because we will know for sure soon! Let me know what your guess is!
5. Both The Points Guy and Milepoint are doing giveaways for the Star Mega DO III (aka Frequent Flier Summer Camp – read more here)! That is a HUGE giveaway and if you would like to go, you should definitely enter both contests. It would be a fantastic win and an amazing time. Tickets are just about sold out, so winning may be your only option left! I will be there for sure (though I would also love to win a spot and then have more money to participate in the charity events!).
6. Get 1,000 free SPG points by liking the Four Points Chicago Downtown Magnificent Hotel on Facebook. You have to fill out a little form that pops up and then share the link with your friends. Yes, you may temporarily annoy your friends with your spamming, but all is fair in the points war. 🙂 Just today I received 1000 bonus SPG miles for a similar contest that the Westin Charlotte had a couple weeks ago. Thanks to One Mile at a Time for sharing this info!
You can read more about it here or just go here to sign-up.
EDIT: This 1000 point promo may have just been to get to 1000 likes. I signed up at 980 likes, but it may be over by the time you see this. If so, hopefully there will be more like this in the near future!
Let me know if you have questions about any of these “mini points” and I will be happy to answer!
I’m going to leave you with two pictures of my “mini me”. It never ceases to amaze me how “mini” she looks in photos next to her dad! This is her at the lake and at the petting zoo. Enjoy her mini-ness!