Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Geez, it’s raining Amex Membership Rewards for some lucky folks! Here are the details on this one:
- Make 15 transactions on your card in a calendar month and get 10,000 bonus points
- Runs July – November 2011 (some reports it may end in October)
- 50,000 point maximum
- Some reports that it is for accounts opened July 2011 and later, but there are some folks with accounts opened earlier than that who have been told they qualify
- Seems to just work so far for Gold cards
- This is also probably a targeted offer, so may not last long, and may not work for you…..but, can’t hurt to try!
Call 1-800-AXP-EARN and ask if offer 6664 can be applied to your account! Let me know how/if it works for you. I may try this tomorrow on my mom’s Gold card, if I am not feeling too glutenous from all the other recent points promos we have received!
If you want more info, read about this deal on Flyertalk!
8/12 Update: I called in this morning for my mom’s Gold account that was opened a few months ago (I only have a Platinum account) and got a very nice rep, but she said that it is only a sign-up bonus, so if you got any other sign-up bonus that you are SOL on this one. She went on to say that “it’s not even a very good sign-up bonus”. I laughed some. 🙂 She said there is no way to apply it to this account since we already had a sign-up bonus. I’m sure I could keep calling in and trying different reps, but I’ll probably let this one go as I’m not even sure my mom would make 15 transactions in a month anyway. She is working on hitting the minimum spend on another card.
There are still tons of people who are having success with this, so definitely give it a shot if you have an Amex Gold card! Thanks to Amex for all of these great points deals! Also, thanks to those on sites like Flyertalk, Dan’s Deals, and Milepoint who make all this great sharing of information possible. 🙂