Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
There are a few quick reminders and other tid-bits that I want to share with you guys on this beautiful Friday (at least it is beautiful here at my house!).
- First and foremost, Happy Veteran’s Day. The men and women who have served, are serving, and will serve deserve our utmost gratitude. In my “day job” I often see first-hand how they are not always given the support they need when their service is over, so I at least want to take today to say “thank you”. If you want to say “thank you” with your wallet, AAdvantage is offering 15 miles per dollar donated to the USO through today. If you have a Chase Freedom card, you can also earn 5% cash back or a 5x Ultimate Rewards points bonus (depending on how you redeem and whether or not you have a Sapphire Preferred or Ink Bold card) for you donation as “charities” are one of the bonus categories this quarter. (HT to this Milepoint thread) That is indeed a “triple play”!
- As you likely already know, today is the last day to take advantage of the amazing 50,000 point/$833 in Wanna Get Away credit sign-up offer on the Southwest credit card. For domestic airline travel, if Southwest serves the cities you like to fly, that is the absolute best offer out here right now. At least for non-fancy folks like me who are okay without First Class. 🙂
- Frequent Miler has a good post up about how to use your Ultimate Reward points at a 2.4 cent per point value (anything over a 2 cent value is pretty good) by redeeming 5,000 Ultimate Reward points for one-day tickets to Universal Studios! This can be a great option for families who are looking to use some points for a day of fun while keeping some hard-earned cash in their wallets. I love the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for the amazing flexibility that UR points offer!
- FedEx is offering up to a 4,500 Delta SkyMiles bonus for FedEx shipments made through January 18, 2012. I don’t know about you, but with family members scattered all over the country, I make a lot of shipments during the Holidays. I am all for being rewarded for my shipments with some extra bonus miles! (HT to TheTravelLoop)
- I’m starting to really have some fun with Twitter (who knew?), so feel free to follow me @Mommy_Points. I also love tweeting back and forth, so feel free to hit me up! I am also still on Facebook, so you can feel free to find me there as well.
Okay, I think that is it for now. I love having a day off from my day job to catch up on this sort of stuff! It is 10:30AM CST and I am still in bed, under the covers, with pajamas on and a laptop in my lap. Not a bad start to a long weekend. Time to crawl out of bed and start prepping for our weekend adventure. We are flying with Little C tomorrow and she is honestly so excited. It is so so so cute to see her excitement about getting to go in an airplane! That’s my daughter. 🙂