Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Wow, what an amazing week of family, shopping, and points. Most importantly, we had so much fun with Little C since she was off from preschool for nine straight days. That is probably the longest stretch we have gotten to be with her since I went back to work when she was three months old. I’m going to miss her tomorrow when I have to go back to work and she has to go back to school. Why can’t we just have all of December off to play and talk about Christmas??!! There is just too much to talk about today to pick one topic, so I am going to touch on several different miles and points happenings.
- Small Business Saturday rocked! I have loved reading all of your success stories. All seven of my registered cards worked beautifully and I received confirmation emails for my purchases within minutes. We bought seven $25 gift cards to a local restaurant. They were also giving away an extra $5 gift card for each $25 gift card purchased. So, not only did we get $210 worth of gift cards for catering for my daughter’s birthday (cause we are not cooking two days before Christmas!), but we earned 875 United miles through the Dining Program (5 miles per dollar), plus 525 United miles for the Sweeten the Deal dining bonus, plus seven transactions for the United Months of Miles promotion for a total of 2,333 miles. That is a grand total of 3,733 miles to go along with our $210 free dollars! Thank you American Express!
- Tomorrow (Monday) is 10x Chase Ultimate Rewards points for all purchases made at Apple.com. I know many of you have been waiting for this one. Hopefully there will be some good Cyber Monday deals to go along with the 10x points. In case you still haven’t hopped on the Ultimate Rewards gravy train, you can learn more about the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card here.
- The current Ink Bold offer is changing tomorrow. I have no idea if it is the sign-up bonus that is changing or just the benefits related to the card. I am actually now thinking it is the benefits that are changing, but I really don’t know if the sign-up bonus will be affected or not. I do know that Chase is showing new Ink Bold benefits on their site. Here is a recap of some of the changes being displayed by Chase: no foreign transaction fee, 5x points on office supply stores and cable/wireless/landline, up to $50K annually, and 2x points on gas and hotels, up to $50K annually. What isn’t clear on the Chase website is the fate of the tiered point bonus. On Flyertalk, the tier bonuses are also rumored to be changing to 7,500 bonus points for $15,000 spent (down from $25,000), 15.000 bonus points for next $25,000 spent, and 25,000 bonus points for next $50,000 spent. However, I am not seeing them mentioned at all right now on the Ink website. With or without the tiered bonuses, I personally like the changes since I probably wasn’t going to hit the minimum spending required to get those annual bonuses. For those who do put a large amount of spending on this card I do hope the point bonuses haven’t left us. The link on my site is still to the old benefit/bonus structure. I’m not sure how prior accounts will be transitioned to the new benefits, but I am sure we will all know more soon.
- If you are a regular Delta flyer (or even if you aren’t), I highly recommend you check out one of the newest BoardingArea blogs, Delta Points. DeltaGoldFlyer was a regular commenter on Mommy Points and many other blogs, and he has now started up his own site. He has been doing tons of Delta related giveaways and has already shared many tips that will help Delta flyers.
- Live From a Lounge shares details about a new interesting Club Carlson promotion that is awarding 9,000 points for every reward stay between December 1, 2011 and January 31, 2012. Registration is required. This pairs beautifully with their 50,000 point promotion!
Okay, that’s all I have for now. Time to get ready to rejoin the “real world” tomorrow. Oh boy. Did I mention I am not ready to send my baby back to preschool tomorrow! 😉