This is quite an interesting points promo. Capital One is running a promo this week that will award you more points for having a higher Klout score and for the number of other Capital One customers who enroll for this promo by using your link. You can earn a maximum of 10 points per dollar total from the Klout score and number of people who use your link to sign up for the promo. For those who aren’t familiar with Klout scores, they range from 1 to 100, with higher scores corresponding to a higher assessment by Klout of a person’s number of Twitter and Facebook followers and whether or not those followers pay attention to what the person Tweets, puts on Facebook, etc. Klout has some other different measures of gauging how influential a person is with their social media followers as well. Klout has some supporters and their fair share of opponents as well. I won’t get into all of that here, but just be aware that not everyone likes Klout. That being said, you can like them for at least a week if you use a Capital One Rewards card and want to earn some extra points!
To access your Klout score, you need to log into Klout with your Twitter of Facebook account. You can link both accounts to Klout if you want. I only have my Twitter account currently linked. I know, I am probably a “bad” social media blogger. You will then see your Klout score. Mine is currently a 43. Not great, but good enough to get a decent bonus out of this promo. While we are on this topic, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Mommy_Points or on Facebook.
Here is a breakdown of how you can earn up to a total of 10 additional points per dollar spent on your Capital One Rewards card.
Your Klout Score Bonus Rewards
0 to <20 1 bonus point per dollar
20 to <30 2 bonus point per dollar
30 to <40 3 bonus point per dollar
40 to <50 4 bonus point per dollar
50+ 5 bonus points per dollar
# of Referrals Bonus Rewards
1 to 3 1 bonus point per dollar
4 to 6 2 bonus point per dollar
7 to 9 3 bonus point per dollar
10 to 12 4 bonus point per dollar
13 to 15 5 bonus point per dollar
16 to 18 6 bonus point per dollar
19 to 21 7 bonus point per dollar
22 to 24 8 bonus point per dollar
25+ 9 bonus point per dollar
I don’t personally have a Capital One credit card right now, but I know many of you did get in during the 100,000 Capital One Venture card bonus earlier this year. So, if you want to give that card a little love this holiday season, this may be a good chance to do just that. Keep in mind that Capital One Rewards don’t transfer out to other hotel or airline programs the way that Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards points do, however you can use them for gift cards or to pay for travel “as cash”. At a possible 10x additional points per dollar, this promo still seems worth considering. You can earn up to 10,000 bonus points during this promo.
Here are a few of the Terms and Conditions:
Eligibility: To be able to take advantage of this offer, you (and any customers you refer) must complete the enrollment process, including accepting these terms and conditions, and
- Be the primary cardholder of a current Capital One Rewards consumer credit card, other than a Rewards card offered by any of our partners, such as Sony, MTV, Orbitz and Kohls;
- Have an account in good standing;
- Be 18 years of age or older and legal resident of the 50 United States or Washington D.C.;
- Have an active Twitter or Facebook account and must log into it and authorize either Klout or Capital One to access your account;
- Must be able to be identified based upon the data provided; and
- Have opened and activated your Capital One credit card rewards account prior to December 7, 2011.
Limitations and Restrictions: This promotion is subject to the following limitations and restrictions.
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion period during which your bonus rewards will be applied for purchases begins at 12:00 a.m. EST on December 12, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 18, 2011.
- Your eligibility to receive bonus rewards begins after you enroll in the promotion until the end of the promotion period.
- The number of participants is also limited. This promotion will be open to at least the first 10,000 eligible customers who enroll.
- Void where prohibited.
How Your Bonus Rewards Will Be Earned and Awarded: Through this promotion, you can earn bonus rewards via the two methods discussed below in addition to any other rewards you earn on your account normally. However, you may only earn up to a maximum of 10 bonus rewards combined across both these methods. Your bonus rewards will be applied to each dollar you spend on net purchases (total purchases less any returns) made using your Capital One Rewards Credit Card from the time of enrollment through the end of the promotion period, up to a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles, 10,000 bonus points, or $100 cash back, as applicable based on the type of rewards you have on your card. Bonus rewards will be awarded within two (2) billing periods after the promotion ends.
- Based on Your Klout Score at Enrollment: Bonus rewards first can be earned based on your Klout score at the time you enroll in this promotion. The amount of the initial bonus rewards you can earn based on your Klout Score ranges from one to five.
Are you going to be getting in on this interesting promo? What are your thoughts about tying bonus points to social media influence? Feel free to post your Twitter and/or Facebook info in the comments section of this post so that we can all sign-up for the promo using each other’s links to help increase the total number of bonus points that we all can earn!
Thanks to MilesDavis11 for sharing the news about this promo!