Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
I don’t know about you, but we have been in full-on holiday mode today. Brunch with Santa, Christmas cartoons, looking at lights, ice skating, etc… Given that the next week or so is going to only get more and more crazy, I want to stop and make sure you are caught up on a few different points happenings that are going on.
- First up is a radio segment that I did a couple weeks ago with The Travel Guys. It is now available as a Podcast. So, if you are interested, go check it out! They were really fun guys to chat with and I hope to talk with them more in the future.
- I mentioned this in a post briefly, but want to make sure that all of you are aware of the pretty rock star promo that American Airlines has going on right now. They are offering Double Elite Qualifying Miles (DEQMs) from December 13th to January 31st. You must register prior to travel, but other than that little detail there are really no restrictions. I don’t have time/money in my life for mileage runs, but if I did I would strongly consider this as this is a great way to get elite status in a hurry. It is even greater if you happen to have an address on file with AA that states you live in Illinois, California, or Texas, where this promo is stackable with the DEQM and double redeemable miles promo for round-trip tickets between Chicago O’Hare or DFW and Los Angeles or San Francisco from October 27, 2011, through March 31, 2012. You must also register for this promo before traveling.
- There is an improved offer for the Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card from American Express that came out this week. It includes a 45,000 mile bonus when you spend $3,000 in the first three months. This is much better than the previous offer of 30,000 miles. It also comes with some pretty nice benefits if you fly Delta with some regularity, but aren’t an elite flyer with them. It’s not a card that is on my current “wish list”, but I wanted to make sure that Delta flyers knew this card was available with a “limited time” improved offer.
- Passports with a Purpose sailed passed their goal of $80,000 to build two libraries in Zambia, so thanks to those of you that helped make that possible! Also, thanks once again to Best Western for being Mommy Points’ prize sponsor.
- So far things have been pretty quiet on the hotel promo front as we inch towards 2012, but the Marriott MegaBonus promo for 2/1 – 4/30 has been announced. It is pretty similar to the previous MegaBonus offer, but this time you are not required to use a Visa to pay for your stay. Two stays during this promo earn you one free night certificate for a Category 1-4 hotel that is valid for stays from February 1 through September 30, 2012. A maximum of two free night certificates may be earned during this promo. It’s actually not a bad deal if you have a couple of stays that you can book at a Marriott during the promo dates.
- If you haven’t already, let me know what your favorite airline promo of 2011 was – there will be a Starbucks gift card prize for the person who made the most of their favorite 2011 airline promo! Look for a post about the best hotel promo of 2011 coming very soon.
That’s all for now. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.