Looks like United MileagePlus Shopping wants to celebrate the New Year with a new promo.  If you spend $75 at a single eligible retailer from 1/1/12 – 1/31/12 you will receive 500 bonus miles.  While Ultimate Rewards is now my go-to shopping portal, I would be willing to shift a $75 purchase to MileagePlus in order to get a 500 mile bonus.

I have recently found this shopping portal to be improved in terms of tracking and reporting, even with bonuses.  For example, I participated in the promo in October that awarded 1,500 bonus miles for single purchase of $125 or more on both my and my husband’s account.  I also participated in a promo where you received 500 bonus miles for downloading and using the MileagePlus Shopping Assistant.  When I go to look at my MileagePlus shopping account I see that the bonus miles for both of those promos posted in a relatively timely fashion and without me having to go chasing after them.  Woohoo!

The not so good news is that I can’t find those transactions reflected in either of my OnePass or MileagePlus accounts.  For that matter, I don’t have any of the transactions from the past month, so it is likely that these transactions go over at set intervals to the frequent flyer accounts.  I know I have seen individual transactions post before, I am not 100% sure how the process works, but a monthly batch looks likely to me.  I am sure that I will be keeping a close eye on this in the coming weeks (mostly because I am really needing some miles to post so I can book an award ticket I have my eye on!).  At the very least I am happy to see that the promo participation was recorded correctly on the MileagePlus Shopping side of things.

22 Responses to “New United Shopping Portal Bonus – 500 Miles”

1. Summer says:

Did you participate in the 1,500 UA bonus for first purchase at Gilt? At first there was no minimum spend, then it was $25, and last time I looked it was up to $50.
    I participated before there was a minimum spend listed, back in November, and have yet to see any points :(

2. David Moye says:

FWIW, I did the 500-mile bonus for the toolbar back on 10/7/11 and *still* haven’t seen the miles post to my MP account. I’ve emailed them about it (last week). We’ll see what happens.

3. Eric says:

Hmmm, the 500-mile bonus for loading the toolbar shows in my MP Shopping account as of 21 Dec, but hasn’t made it into my regular MP account yet. Also, just sent them an email about the miles from my iPhone purchase in Oct. Haven’t seen the base miles or 1,500 bonus miles from the $125+ promo in Oct.

4. […] Points flags a United Mileage Plus promo, 500 bonus miles when you make a single purchase of $75 or more with any retailer at the Mileage […]

5. Kelly S says:

I went ahead and shifted my UR shopping over for this one…even though I am still fighting them for a bunch of orders from August/Sept I need for the months of miles. I do see the 500 pts listed for the MP bar download…just not over to my MP account yet.

Right now I am not in any immediate need for miles so I can take the time for these to post…

6. JMC says:

i am planning to make a purchase at amazon. Is amazon one of the vendors. If not, is amazon giving out miles (doesnt matter the airline)?

7. donna says:

Still haven’t seen 1500 miles posted. Just started chasing today

8. KennyG says:

The United Mileage Shopping group is a ripoff. I havent received my 1,500 miles from Oct 2011. No reply to my emails asking where the miles are. Its a scam and a crappy product.

9. kitty B says:

I am new at this points game, and have done a few things over at SWAIR and have yet to see anything posted to my account regarding shopping points. Thanks for your blog. I have learned so much from you. It looks like what I am experiencing is not uncommon. Guess you have to be willing to fight for them.

@Summer, I did participate in that promo but have not yet seen the points. I will probably give it a few more weeks before I go chasing that one. Hopefully it will show up soon!

@David, that stinks. Good luck!

@Eric, good job email them. Glad to know I am not the only one who hasn’t seen the miles transfer over to the MP account.

@Kelly S, glad the 500 mile bonus is showing for you.

@JMC, Amazon is currently only a participating retailer with Hawaiian Airlines.

@donna, I would have started today too if mine wasn’t displaying. Good luck!

@KennyG, it has taken weeks (literally) in the past for them to respond to my emails about missing bonuses. They have come through in the end for me, but it did take forever.

@kitty B, I have never personally used the new SW portal, but it is not uncommon for these portals to be slow and/or incomplete in their mileage postings. That is why so many of us have shifted our shopping purchases to the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. It isn’t perfect, but seems to be the most reliable of the available options. I hope your transactions post soon!

11. Miriam A. says:

Both the 500 and the 1,500 are showing. I imagine that next month I will see the miles transferred. Read what I’ve discovered about double dipping with MileagePlus http://dealsseeker.blogspot.com/2012/01/possible-triple-dip-with-mileageplus.html

12. Ike says:

Good luck to anyone who tries to get miles out of any Cartera-run shopping mall. They are not worth the hassle for me. You spend far too much time trying to get your points (if you ever get them) for it to be worth it.
    Until the airlines decide to use a reputable company for their malls I’ll be getting cashback from FatWallet or using malls that do not go through Cartera.
    Ike

13. KP says:

I got my 500 miles for the toolbar, but didn’t get my 1500 bonus + regular purchase miles for a transaction I did through the portal. Guess it’s time for me to start complaining.

14. Daniel says:

Does this work for gift card purchases?

@Daniel, it depends on the retailer. Some allow gc purchases for miles and some don’t – read the terms and conditions for each retailer.

15. Larry says:

If you spend $75 on Sears gift cards (which show as eligible), the 3 miles/$ increases to 9.67 miles/$ when the bonus is factored in. Almost as good as the Chase UR 10 points/$ they had during the holidays!

16. Eric says:

The 500 miles from my Shopping account made it into my Mileage Plus account today, though the date shows 21 Dec. Still no sign of the 1500 miles and no response to my email.

17. Miriam A. says:

My 1500 and 500 miles have been transferred into my account. Secondly, I purchased a $75 drugstore GC and the 300 regular miles have been posted, I’m waiting on the bonus, but I imagine that I’ll have to wait a while for those.

18. Miriam A. says:

Oh, and I used a Citi Amex card and not my Continental Onepass CC.

19. Max M says:

Cartera Commerce runs the mileage shopping malls now for American, United, USAirways, Delta, and Southwest.

It’s been a nightmere working with Cartera trying to get them to post missing miles for countless purchases.

MyPoints.com is now my goto and the points have posted like clockwork and the 1 time in the past 3 years that points haven’t posted, it wasn’t a struggle trying to get them to research and post the points. You can convert MyPoints into United Mileage Plus miles.

Oh, and I think Cartera Commerece also now operates the Chase Ultimate Rewards shopping site.

20. […] Points has a deal to get 500 bonus UA miles by spending $75 […]