Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Time to play some catch-up with some miles and points news and deals that are going on in the middle of this week. Hard to believe it is already Wednesday (thank goodness for Monday holidays)!
Okay, here goes catch-up time……
- Earn 1,000 American Airlines Business ExtrAA points by spending just $5.00. 1,000 ExtrAA points is enough for three AAdmirals Club passes or half of a domestic round-trip ticket. This was originally a targeted offer, but it seems like it may work for anyone. I’ll certainly take my chances for $5. Check out The Points Guy for more info about that offer. Additionally, if you don’t yet have a Business ExtraAA account, you can sign-up for one and possibly get an additional 500 points for joining by using code FLYAA. Check out Million Mile Secrets for more info about that deal. If both of those deals work, you could have 3/4 of a domestic round-trip ticket! Amazing.
- The Associated Press now has just launched an article about the OneWorld MegaDO. AP writer Scott Mayerowitz was on the trip and was really fun to hang out with. He is a travel junkie just like the rest of us, and it was fun to read about the trip through his eyes! Now I am just
impatientlypatiently tapping my foot waiting for details of the Star MegaDO 4 to be released so we can do it all over again. 😉
- The Frugal Travel Guy has a must-read post up today that tells the story of a reader who has had their Chase cards closed or suspended (can’t quite tell which) possibly due to credit card churning, and being viewed as a risk due to having too much credit extended. While it is always much more fun to share news of a great credit card offer, it is important to share reminders that you need to always be protective of your credit. It is also important to remember that there are some risks to getting multiple cards primarily for the purpose of earning miles and points. It is a risk I have been willing to take, but it is still a risk.
- Million Mile Secrets is also helping Hyatt give away 66,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points, so be sure to enter to win! I’ll certainly be throwing my ring in the hat. 😉
- And finally, JetBlue is offering 20% off flights originating in the US today only. The discount is good on flights booked today for travel from 5/1/12 to 6/13/12 using code SPRING12.
The discount does not appear until after you have selected your desired flights. As shown below you can see the discount applied to your itinerary’s price.
Now it’s time to go get in on some of these deals!