Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
This offer has expired. Please see Featured Card page for updated offer.
It’s Friday afternoon, so it is a bit early for last call at the bars or happy hour, but it is last call for a number of miles and points related deals. I had planned to do a post tonight outlining all of the deals that were ending on March 31st (both the end of the month and the quarter, so lots of stuff ending), but Deals We Like already did a great job with a similar post today. So, no need to reinvent the wheel, just go check out her post for lots of good reminders related to Hyatt, Marriott, Amex, and more. I would also add that I think the Home Depot 10x Ultimate Rewards bonus via the Ultimate Rewards portal is also scheduled to end at the end of the month, so hurry up and make those Home Depot purchases if you want lots of Ultimate Reward points.
Additionally, I just received “official notice” that the Chase Sapphire Preferred offer will be “updating” on Tuesday April 3rd. They currently say the affiliate links (aka 50,000 links like mine) will stop working as of 10AM Eastern that day, but those exact times sometimes fluctuate, so I would personally not wait until the very last day to apply. If it doesn’t make sense for you to get this card right now, all is not lost, as it appears the offer will only go down to 40,000 points (at least directly from Chase), but why leave 10,000 valuable Ultimate Reward points on the table if you don’t have to? Sometimes we don’t know ahead of time that a deal is ending, so I am grateful that we had advance notice on this one that we were able to share and everyone can plan accordingly.
Update: The 50,000 point offer is now expired, and the best available offer is 40,000 Ultimate Reward points after spending $3000 on the card in the first three months.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
For those new to the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, it is the most popular travel rewards card right now (at least in the miles and points community). Among other things, it awards:
- 40,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $3,000 on the card in the first three months.
- 2x points for dining and travel – travel consists of airline tickets, hotels, car rentals, taxi fare, etc.
- $95 annual fee waived the first year.
- Access to the fantastic Ultimate Rewards shopping portal that awards up to 10x points on purchases – and sometimes even more than that!
- Points transfer 1:1 to United, British Airways, Marriott, Hyatt, Priority Club, and more. This is one of the best benefits of this card for my family.
- Points can also be use to pay for travel as “cash”. If you used all of your 40,000 point bonus in this manner you would have $500 to spend on travel. I typically do not do that as I get a better value from transferring the points for cash, but it is an option.
- Fantastic customer service – you reach an English speaking agent almost instantly when you call in. No computerized mess to go through.
I have also written extensively about how this card pairs beautifully with the Chase Freedom Visa and Chase Checking accounts to earn even more Ultimate Reward points. So, if you or someone in your family was looking to get this card soon, now is the time. Are you or your family members getting in on this deal while it lasts? I wish I still had family members or friends left to motivate to get the card before the bonus drops, but they all seem to already have it. 😉
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using my links. As always, your support of this site is genuinely appreciated.