The Chase Sapphire bonus going down isn’t the only news in the credit card miles and points world today.  There are a few more pieces of info that I want to make sure and share…..all of which are good news!

• There is once again a 30,000 point sign-up offer for the Chase Freedom card!  This bonus seems to fluctuate between 20,000, 25,000 and 30,000 points, but I am happy to see the higher version of the offer return.  This is often advertized as $300 cash back, but you can also use the points as Ultimate Reward points.  If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or Ink BoldSM with Ultimate Rewards then you can transfer the Freedom points to airline and hotel partners.  If you signed up within the last 90 days under a lesser offer, then you can send Chase a secure message from your online account and there is a good chance they will give you the difference in the sign-up bonuses as a “goodwill” gesture. The Freedom card has no annual fee, so it is a good “keeper” card.  Update: the 30,000 point link stopped working this afternoon.  Let me know if you are aware of another functioning 30,000 point link!
  • As I posted about earlier today, the Citi AAdvantage cards just got a whole new host of benefits today that also move them into the “keeper” category for me.  Some of the new benefits include: free checked bag, priority boarding, and 10% miles rebate on award tickets.
  • Those who have a Visa Signature card (many cards are Visa Signature cards, including the Sapphire Preferred) can register for a 90-day trial of Hyatt Platinum status until May 11th.  The website seems to be giving error messages right now, but hopefully it will be up and running again soon.  Hyatt Platinum is a pretty solid mid-tier status as it comes with free internet, 15% points bonus, and 2:00PM late check-out.  Thanks Lucky for sharing that info!
  • There is a semi-targeted offer for the new United Club card available that waives the $395 annual fee for the first year.  This annual fee is very high, but it provides United Club access and awards 1.5 points per dollar on all purchases (2 points per dollar on United purchases).  The card also comes with some other benefits such as priority check-in and boarding, two free checked bags, and a “close-in” fee waiver for reward tickets booked within 21 days of departure.  I will do a full review on the card soon, but check out this Flyertalk thread to learn more about how to possibly access the offer with the fee waived for the first year.  I was unable to get the offer to come up as I do not have status with United (that seems to be a key factor to seeing the offer), but it is worth a shot if you are in the market for that card.

Time to go pack, I have my first quasi-mileage run tomorrow.  I am super excited!

Disclosure: I do receive compensation if you are approved for some of the cards mentioned by using my links.  I only post the best available offers, so some offers are mine, and some are just the best I could find.  ;)

16 Responses to “Credit Card Bonuses and Benefits Update (Mostly All Good News!)”

1. Glen says:

The Hyatt Platinum status sign-up wouldn’t work for me in Firefox, but worked in Internet Explorer.

2. Skudu says:

Can i use the 90-day trial offer of Hyatt Platinum status… apply for Hyatt cc to get 2 free suite upgrades?

3. […] into the Freedom card, whose bonus rose from 20,000 to 30,000 Ultimate Rewards points, as noted by Mommy Points. A direct link to the 30,000 point application […]

4. Allen says:

Hyatt free suite rooms for the Chase Hyatt Visa card is only for diamond members (platinum members only get 2 free regular rooms).

5. Mommy Points says:

Allen, true, but Plats get two free suite upgrades on paid reservations with this card. Nice perk. ;)

6. CU says:

Sweet Hyatt promotion — just signed up! I have a couple of Hyatt business stays coming up in the next two months, so this is perfect. Thanks MU!

7. Paradocs says:

I have searched on the web and flyer talk. I can’t find anything about how to get the ten percent rebate when redeeming AA miles. Nothing is mentioned at citi credit cards either. Do you have more info please?

8. Valerie says:

I’m debating about the citi card. Citi offered me a statement credit against the annual fee. I would like to churn it after 18-24months. Doesn’t it prevent me from doing that if I keep the card? Your thoughts?

9. MichaelP says:

30k Chase Freedom link doesn’t worked. Is there another link?

10. Dell says:

The Chase Freedom card has since been pulled down. I applied less than two hours ago and noticed it was pulled down when I told a friend to apply.

11. Twinniemums says:

I checked the Freedom link when I first read this post earlier and it worked fine. I didn’t apply then, guess I should have! Now all the links on the all blogs that posted this deal are dead. Maybe Chase didn’t mean to release the 30k deal?

12. Paradocs says:

I see there is a discussion in the AA forum on flyer talk. An AA rep is answering some questions.

13. Karen says:

I too had to use internet explorer for the Hyatt promotion. Of course, I realized now that the 90 days starts running from sign up, so it may make more sense to sign up closer to the time one is actually going to be staying somewhere. (I have a 4 night stay at the beginning of next month.) The status upgrade does not seem to happen immediately so perhaps some lead time is good.

14. […] card if you are a Hyatt Platinum or Diamond member.  And if you aren’t a Platinum member, check out this post to see how to enter a free 90 day Hyatt Platinum trial if you have a Visa Signature card (the […]

15. […] Chase Hyatt with 2 Free Nights.  I read about a Chase Hyatt offer for 2 free nights plus a $75 statement credit on Mommy Points, and I updated the Hotel Credit Card tab immediately with that link.  But I never blogged about […]