Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
If you have some plans to stay at a Marriott hotel in the future, then this Daily Getaways deal may be a good offer for your family. These TravelCards are available at a little over 10% off in various denominations, but with the additional 10% off for Amex cardholders, the promotion gets even better. Being able to score a $100 Marriott TravelCard for about $80 is a solid deal. Here are the details in the various versions offered:
$50 Marriott TravelCard for $44 – 150 available
$100 Marriott TravelCard for $89 – 290 available
$250 Marriott TravelCard for $222 – 452 available
$500 Marriott TravelCard for $445 – 201 available
$1000 Marriott TravelCard for $890 – 50 available
Here are the details applicable to all of the TravelCard deals:
- Marriott TravelCards may be used at all JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Autograph CollectionSM, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard® by Marriott, Fairfield Inn® & Suites, SpringHill Suites®, Residence Inn®, TownePlace Suites®, and Marriott Vacation Club®(rentals only), and participating hotel retail, spa, golf, or food and beverage outlets.
- Card is a pre-paid card, not a credit card, and is property of and issued by MI Fulfillment Services, LLC. Protect card like cash.
- Card cannot be applied to group, special corporate/negotiated, catering, associate, or other discounted/non-commissionable rates.
- Card cannot be used when reservation is booked by a travel agent or other third party.
- Card cannot be used to secure a reservation.
- Card is not redeemable for cash and change will not be returned except as required by law. Change is not provided by hotels. See pre-paid card terms and conditions.
- There are no blackout dates on TravelCards.
- Card is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Marriott TravelCard and Marriott GiftCard terms vary.
- Card becomes inactive when all value has been redeemed.
- Each transaction will be debited against card balance; if transaction exceeds balance, user must pay the difference.
- To check card balance visit gifts.marriott.com or call 1-800-442-6132. For balance information outside the U.S. and Canada use the AT&T Direct® access number for the country you are calling from with 1-800-442-6132.
- Use of card confirms acceptance of terms above.
- All sales are final.
- There is no expiration date on TravelCards. Some restrictions apply.
While I do stay at some Marriott family hotels, the trips I have planned that include Marriott stays are actually coming up too soon for us to benefit from this promotion. Of course, the cards do not expire, so this could be a way to meet a minimum spending requirement for a credit card you have now (preferably an Amex to get the extra 10% discount), and use the TravelCards later for future travel.