Update:  The deal is now “sold out”.  Wonder why;)  There is still “word art” available for $10, but that puts the cost per mile out of the great range, unless you actually want some word art, and then it is again a good deal.  I’ll keep an eye on these deals and post again the next time there is an inexpensive one so that more of you can share your links with each other and with family and friends.  Thanks again to anyone who used my link or that of another Mommy Points reader.

US Airways Daily Deal has been around for a while, but today it has a deal worth mentioning.  The deal is $4 for Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine.  While that magazine may appeal to some families on this site, what makes the deal good is that the first purchase with Daily Deals gets you 500 US Airways miles.  For $4 that comes to less than a cent per mile – .8 cents to be exact, then “as a bonus”, you get the magazine (which it seems you have to activate – it doesn’t come automatically).  As was pointed out in the comments, technically you get 520 miles as you get 5 per dollar for the $4 purchase, so even better, ha ha.  I value my US Airways miles at about double that, so it makes sense for me to get in on this – your valuation may be different.  To make it even sweeter, you can then refer others and get 500 miles for each referral once they make a purchase.  Not bad!

Thanks to @Promo_Jake for Tweeting me about this deal.  I just used his link to sign-up.  You are welcome use his link or use my link to sign-up (and thanks for the 500 miles if you do!) and you are also more than welcome to post your own link in the comments section of this post for someone else to use!  Miles and points love for everyone!

39 Responses to “500 US Airways Dividend Miles for $4 ($0.008 cents each) (Sold out)”

1. G. David says:

Awesome deal, already got in on it (Twitter is wonderful!)

If anyone wanted to use my referral link, here it is:

Thanks MP!

2. carwag25 says:

Thanks for the heads up on this offer! Just took advantage of it. Here is my referral if anyone would be so kind :) http://www.dmdailydeal.com/Today.aspx?pc=carwag25_40839

3. [...] to Mommy Points for sharing this [...]

4. Nadine says:

used your link MP – thanks for the info – this sounds helpful even for my 5-1/2 year old.

5. Jonathan says:

Technically it’s 520 miles since you also get 5 points per dollar spent :)

I signed up through your link, and here is mine in case anyone is interested.

Also, I don’t have any kids, so I have no interest in the magazine, but does anyone know of an organization (or individual) that I could give my subscription to so it doesn’t go to waste?

@G. David, Twitter is great for things like this!
    @carwag25, glad you like the promo!
    @Nadine, thanks so much – now go refer your friends and family members. ;)
    @VeryGoodPointsStacey, me too!
    @Jonathan, very true and great idea with donating the magazine.
    @Duc, thanks, Duc! I hope others support some links in the comments section!

7. travel light says:

Thanks, mommypoints. I appreciate the opportunity to support you and your work, and this tip.

For the next person who’d like to share it forward, here’s a link:

8. [...] (typeof(addthis_share) == "undefined"){ addthis_share = [];}Via Mommy Points, here’s a great deal for some quick US Airways miles. I know that 520 miles doesn’t [...]

9. Singapore Flyer says:

Thanks for the link…i made the purchase using your link MP… if anyone wants to pass along 500 over to me…much appreciated. :)

10. Thanks, Mommypoints! Signed up, and noticed that the certificate was only good for renewal subscription. Was going to order the subscription and donate the magazines to our local library… If any of you want extra certificate, let me know and I can give you my code.

@Jimmy, yeah I noticed that and found it odd (wonder if they actually meant the opposite). Not sure what that will mean in practice, but I guess I didn’t care that much about the magazine one way or the other. Thanks for pointing it out though!

11. caveman says:

Thanks for the link. You must be a millionaire by now? I mean dividend miles wise?. I am so jealous but you deserve it. Go girl.

12. VR says:

Sweet. Used a link from previous comment to sign up. With two toddlers in the house the magazine may be actually useful.
    Here is my link, just in case:

13. Sweeney says:

OK Duc I used your link because that was the last one I saw. Hope someone can please use mine and pay it forward. I’m actually looking forward to this magazine!

THanks MommyPoints for your inspiring, motivating blog!

Thanks!

Yay for you guys using each other’s links. Caveman, ha ha, certainly not a miles millionaire, but I am hugely appreciative for anyone that used my links and 100% supportive of a link conga line to happen so that everyone can benefit from using each other’s links. ;)

15. Sergey says:

Thank you, Mommypoints! I used your link to purchase. Here is my link, just in case:

16. AussieTraveller says:

You could try dropping it off at your local doctors office, heck some of the magazines I’ve read are older than my kids!

17. worldtraveller2 says:

Thanks MP!
    how are you guys getting the referral link? I wanted to refer my family and friends.

18. @mommypoints, yes, I got it for the miles, too! Just tested out the subscription ordering. It seemed to be working for new subscription, but no email confirmation or anything. Just 9 issues for one year.

@Jimmy, I thought it would work, but thanks for testing it!
      @worldtraveller2, go to your profile in the Daily Deals website and it will be there.

19. InACents says:

Thanks MP! I used your referral link!

20. Promo_Jake says:

you can also use my referral link, as I was the OP on this and was hoping that MP would at put my link in her post! http://www.dmdailydeal.com/Register.aspx?pc=jacobkasper_24938

Hi, Jake, I tweeted your link and hope others will use it! (also now have it in the post) ;) Miles and points love for everyone!

21. heidi says:

Here’s my referral link :)

22. Sarah says:

Sold out? :-( Thanks for the tip!

23. Bummer Dude says:

Sold out while I was checking out!!! ARGH

It is now sold out – ugh. Congrats to those who got it and I’ll be sure to post again when another inexpensive one comes along so that everyone can earn more miles buying and referring!

25. AlohaDaveKennedy says:

Thanks, got one.

26. VR says:

Did anyone figure out how to active the magazine subscription?

27. DaninSTL says:

Not a bad deal. Sorry I missed the magazine though. I used someones link above, here is my link. Thanks.

28. Aarash says:

As someone who just found out there’s a little one on the way, this will be perfect! Thanks for posting!

29. Lisa says:

Jonathan, You could change your subscription to the local library. When you get the first issue you can go online and make the change.

30. Christine says:

Well, today was a great day-thanks in part to million mile secrets who I found quite by accident in October and learned about US air’s grand slam, he in turned got me hooked on mommypoints. You have both taught me so much! I was able to get in on the US deal today(520pts) and I used my Priority Points cc that I got in the mail yesterday to charge the $4 dollar fee(to get 60,000 pts) and I get home today and in the mail-yup-my companion pass from Southwest. Oh and my son’s high school team beat their rivals in baseball and handed them their first loss. I had to throw that in! LOL Thanks for EVERYTHING!

31. Robert Hanson says:

Whats the big deal here ? I check your blog at 9 am, then again at noon, and miss out. I guess we are supposed to just sit at our computers and hit refresh all day long, in case a mere 500 point deal comes along? Screw that….

And those 12 points for correct answers to trivia questions too. Don’ bother me with those. I’m busy working on FC R/T tickets to OZ for the wife and me.

When you come across a new 50,000 mile deal, that will last longer than a few days, let me know. In the meantime, I’ll be pawing thru garbage bins for aluminum cans to recycle, and checking the sofa for loose change. Guess I’m just way too busy for this sort of stuff. :p

32. [...] have written about the US Airways Dividend Miles Daily Deal before, but there hasn’t been a really great deal (assuming you are just in it for the miles) in a [...]

33. mullising says:

I have used Mommy Point’s link, hope someone can use mine