Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
We spent this evening at the ER with our a very sick toddler, so apologies for not going as in depth on this post as I had originally planned. We are back home now with medicine thankfully working, but it was a more eventful Sunday evening that we had planned. That said, Monday is a big day for the Daily Getaway deals. There have been some good deals in the first two weeks of the Daily Getaway deals, but tomorrow’s deal takes things up a notch. I wrote some about this deal already here:
Last year I was able to buy two of the 32,000 point packages and made great use of both of them for stays for my parents at hotels that would have cost them many times what I paid for the points. However, given how inexpensively one can obtain these points, the transfer rate of 2.5 Wyndham points to 1 airline mile with several airlines (Delta, US Airways, American, United, and more) is also not too shabby at all.
- 16,000 Wyndham points for $55 (750 available – 150 during the presale)
- 28,000 Wyndham points for $76 (350 available – 75 during the presale)
- 32,000 Wyndham points for $110 (350 available – 70 during the presale)
- 50,000 Wyndham points for $143 (300 available – 60 during the presale)
- 48,000 Wyndham points for $165 (250 available – 50 during the presale)
That means that the price per point ranges from .27 – .34 cents per point, and that is without the 10% Amex discount. With it, you are paying even less! Paying about 1/3 per cent for a point is pretty stellar. Say that you purchase 50,000 points at .2574 cents each with the 10% Amex discount. If you wanted to convert to United miles, you would get 1 United mile for every 2.5 Wyndham points. That means you would have 20,000 United miles for $128. Amazing. That is about .64 cents each. Crazy. (Though this was super quick math, so let me know if I have jumbled it up somewhere!)
Terms and conditions:
- One set of points may be purchased for this offer per Wyndham Rewards®account number. Up to 6 sets of points may be purchased in total for any Wyndham Rewards offer in this promotion per customer/account number.
- Wyndham Rewards® points expire four (4) years after being posted to your member account, unless forfeited or canceled earlier due to membership inactivity for eighteen (18) months or otherwise in accordance with Wyndham Rewards Terms & Conditions.
- Wyndham Rewards points can be redeemed for hotel and vacation resort stays, airline miles and tickets, rail points, car rentals, entertainment and gift certificates, charitable donations, and other rewards from participating merchants and service providers. Please see full Wyndham Rewards Terms & Conditions at www.wyndhamrewards.com= for details.
- For Wyndham Rewards participating locations or brands, see Wyndham Rewards Terms & Conditions at www.wyndhamrewards.com=.
- Offer valid at participating properties in the U.S. and Canada only.
- No blackout dates apply to reward stays.
- The estimated value of this offer is based upon the average daily rate of participating hotels in this reward tier. Estimated package value will vary by hotel and could be less.
- All sales are final.
This deal is going to go quickly. Very quickly. Be ready right when the pre-sale starts at Noon Eastern and again for the general sale at 1PM Eastern. You should like Wyndham Rewards on Facebook to get the code to access the pre-sale. I would join Wyndham Rewards ahead of time to avoid problems with their servers getting hit with people all trying to sign-up at once or a potential delay purchasing your package due to needing to get your Wyndham Rewards number. These points are great to redeem for hotel stays, airline transfers, stocking up for the Grand Slam, etc. If you can purchase a package or two, you won’t regret it. Good luck to us all tomorrow!