This post may be as scattered as my brain as I get ready to head out of town to The Freddie Awards, the Randy Peterson Executive Summit, and the Frequent Traveler University, so consider yourself warned.  Packing for myself isn’t that bad, but trying to get the house and the toddler’s things ready to have mom gone for several days is far from simple!  Am I the only one who lays out outfits for their little ones for every day away?  Anyway, instead of going into too much detail on any one topic tonight, here are a few tidbits on different things going on:

• Marriott Rewards members have new promotions in their accounts now.  These promos start on June 1st and run through August 31st.  Some of the available options include: Max 3 Free Nights with 6 Stays, Max 40K with 25 Nights, Max 15K with 4 Different Brands, Max 15K with 3 Weekend Stays.  My account had the 15K points with three weekend stays option, but I will likely switch to the traditional MegaBonus promo that is usually available to everyone (assuming that is indeed the case for the next promotion period).  In fact, I just redeemed a MegaBonus night to stay at the Newark Renaissance to go to the Freddies tomorrow night, so I’m currently pretty keen on the MegaBonus promo.  Get more details on these promos on this Flyertalk thread.
  • Dan’s Deals has a pretty awesome post up about Korean Air partner redemptions.  This is relevant for many of us that have Sapphire Preferred or Ink Bold cards with Ultimate Reward points that can transfer to Korean Air at 1:1 ratio.  If you don’t yet have one of those cards, you can go here for more info or to apply.  Korean Air partners with Hawaiian Airlines and offers 30,000 mile roundtrips to Hawaii in Economy and 60,000 in First.  That is less than most carriers, for example on United, a roundtrip from US to Hawaii will run you 40,000 miles in Economy and 80,000 in First.  Even more exciting to me is their partnership with Alaska Airlines as roundtrip flights within the US are just 20,000 miles in Economy and 40,000 in First.  Roundtrip tickets to Hawaii on Alaska are 30,000 in Economy and 60,000 in First.  A stopover is also allowed, so theoretically I could fly from Houston to Seattle, stop for a few days, then fly from Seattle to Alaska, and back to Houston for just 20,000 miles transferred from my Ultimate Rewards account.  Since that trip is on my dad’s “Bucket List” I am especially interested in that redemption.  Read Dan’s Deals post for more info about how to search for availability, book the flights, etc.
  • I will be posting as much as I can from the Freddies, FTU, etc. this weekend, so stay tuned, and follow me on Twitter @Mommy_Points for live Tweets from the event!

32 Responses to “New Marriott Promo, Ultimate Rewards Redemptions, FTU, and More!”

1. Corridor! says:

Of course I am here and no one has posted yet. Unfortunately, I am not in need of the codes. Have fun at the Freddies!

2. Aaron says:

Def interested! Thank you and have a great trip!

3. Ruy says:

I can use one of the codes you offered! Thanks

4. Nancy says:

Can’t guarantee I’d be approved for another Chase card by the end of May, so I’ll pass but would like to say thank you for having had the opportunity. Good luck to the lucky two!
    Have fun at “the event”!

5. Eric says:

Could I get a code?

6. JP says:

Would we be able to do a 1 way award using Korean Air miles to Hawaii for 15,000 miles?

7. Jimgotkp says:

Interesting on the KE miles. Thanks for posting about it considering I don’t visit Dan’s Deals.

8. Sc says:

Can I get the code?

9. johnmoorenow says:

When I log in to my United account, I see two credit card promos: 1) Year Free on the Club card and 2) 65,000 miles for the Explorer card. Anyone else see this?

10. ashley says:

was just about to sign up for the card, the code would be awsome!

11. HikerT says:

Thanks for the link to DD’s post on Korean partner redemptions. That said, it would seem poor form to link to his work and then put up your own referral link. I’d think if someone is going to apply for a UR card based on his work, he should get the referral. I’d take your referral link down.

12. Gene says:

Awesome! In addition to the forthcoming ability to redeem Alaska miles for Emirates First Class, this provides another way to get a shower on the A380! 210,000 miles for USA to UAE is steep, but I believe that is the same rate that United charged before they terminated their partnership with Emirates.

@Nancy, thanks!
    @Eric, sorry the two I had were spoken for, but I’ll let you know if I get more.
    @JP, looks like just roundtrip.
    @Jimgotkp, no problem.
    @SC, sorry the two I had are spoken for.
    @johnmoorenow, those are two great promos! I have heard of people being targeted (I’m betting you are an elite UA flyer). Congrats!
    @ashley, I am all out for now, but will post if I get more.
    @HikerT, you are welcome for the link to the post – hope it is helpful for you. People are of course more than welcome to apply for cards anywhere they like. I linked to more info about the cards/apps that I am able to provide, but people should apply wherever they find most convenient and/or on whatever site they feel like supporting that day (or directly with the banks). Thanks for the feedback.

@Gene, Emirates First Class is a bit out of my league for now, but it still is great to have that option!!

14. Vinay says:

Not interested in code, but have one more marriott offer to share with your readers… I received this in my snail mail yesterday…earn 7,500 bonus points on a stay of 5 nights or more in residence inn or towne place suites between May1 and July31. Registration can be done at: marriottrewards.com/extendedstaybonus
    This may not be as appealing offer as you have mentioned above, but still someone may use it.

15. Noah says:

Interested in the code! Sign me up. Thanks! :)

@Vinay, thanks!
    @Noah, those two are spoken for, but I was able to get some more at the airport today, so I will give those away soon.

17. Gene says:

Oh, oh, code please! :-)

18. atxtravel says:

Have you had any luck actually finding available non-stop flights on Alaskan Air, AUS to SEA ? I looked on AA’s award search and nothing comes up during the whole summer! May 5th is the only date I could find, and Alaskan’s own website confirms that’s the only date with low-level awards. I’m assuming this means Korean’s website won’t show anything eiter.

19. atxtravel says:

…just did more searching, it’s the same problem from Houston or Dallas. AA’s booking site has a few more awards there, but they always route the flight through DFW or LAX. Never a non-stop award.

@gene, stay tuned.
    @atxtravel, I haven’t spent much time searching, but when I did I had the best luck searching for flights way in advance. Hope to spend more time looking around soon.

21. atxtravel says:

That’s probably the way to do it, summer is the peak travel season for Seattle and Alaska. AS’s own website only shows 20k+ awards across the board which I don’t think are bookable through partners.

22. DBest says:

FYI, Delta has the same deal on Alaska, except it costs 25k Skymiles. But you can indeed stopover in Seattle on the way to or from Alaska.

23. Justin says:

Great post! I had a quick question. I wanted to book a Korean Air partner award flight with Alaska Airlines (LAX to Anchorage with a stopover in Seattle). I would be traveling with 4 people total. How difficult would it be to book the same flight for the whole group? How do I arrange stopovers as well? Should I just call Alaska Airlines and tell them exactly what I want to do? Do I get to determine how many days I want to stay in Seattle? I don’t want to convert 80,000 UR points to Korean Air points and find out that there isn’t enough availability. I apologize for asking questions that are painfully basic. I’ve never done this before. Thanks!

@Justin, you will have to book through Korean on Alaska. You can search for Alaska space on Alaska’s website (must be available at the lowest redemption level) or on AAdvantage’s site, but you are calling Korean to book. I don’t have tons of experience with Alaska, but your success will most likely be greater if you are booking far in advance.

24. atxtravel says:

what’s considered lowest level on Alaskan? 12.5k or 20k?

25. Thanks for the heads up about the Ultimate Rewards/Alaska Air redemption. As I’ll be living in Alaska this summer, that is definitely worth knowing about!

26. [...] The Marriott Megabonus promotion is also ending on April 30th. I’ve been able to earn a total of 1 free category 1-4 free night certificate from this promotion. Good news is that the next Megabonus has been announced and will run between June 1st and August 31st. Mommy Points Blog Post [...]

27. [...] to Mommy Points, new Marriott promos should be in everyone’s account now. The promo begins June 1 and could be something like a free [...]

28. umcp says:

Hey, Mommy Points, My account only shows one Promotion, does it mean I can only register for one? Thank you. And if, say, I have more than one promo in my account, can I combine them?

@umcp, if you contact Marriott Rewards you can sometimes register for a different promo. Usually not more than one though as far as I know.

29. [...] gave away two codes for the first year free on the United Club card last week on my blog, one away at the FTU to someone who attended my Family [...]