Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Question: When does 50,000 or 100,000 hotel points at roughly a 1/3 of a cent a piece seem almost boring?
Answer: When it is for Club Carlson points just days before the start of a Club Carlson promo where you can earn 138,000 bonus points!
Today’s Daily Getaway deals offers 50,000 or 100,000 Club Carlson points for about $0.0039 cents a piece without an Amex and $0.0035 each with an Amex. That means that you can stay in any Radisson in the world for just under $200 per night. While many of the Radissons in the US (even in the major cities) can often be found for at or under $200 per night anyway, there are some around the world where 50,000 Club Carlson points can save you quite a bit. One example is the May Fair in London. I see this hotel routinely going for over £250 (that’s 250 pounds) which is over $400 USD. There are also several very nice Radissons in Paris that often go for €250 – €300 (that’s 250-300 euros). (or about $325 – $380 USD) Two examples are the Radisson Blu Ambassador Hotel or the Radisson Blu Le Dokhan’s Hotel.
If Europe isn’t your thing, the Radisson Blu St. Martin also looks quite nice and is also 50,000 points per night. However, rates at that property are currently on sale for the equivalent less than $200 USD, so it wouldn’t be a great use of these points packages currently, though it is a nice property to keep in mind. Of course, you don’t have to use all of your points for a one or two night stay at the “high end” Radisson hotels. Club Carlson has hotel rooms available starting at just 9,000 points per night (or cash and point stays starting at just 5,000 points per night), so you could easily parlay one of these deals into a several night family getaway. For example, the Radisson Hotel Orlando – International Drive is available for just 9,000 points per night. So, the 50,000 point package could get your family five nights in Orlando at a quite decent property with a few points to spare!
50,000 Club Carlson Gold Points: Redeemable for a 1-Night Stay – $194 (142 available)
What You Receive: 50,000 Club CarlsonSM Gold Points® redeemable for a 1-night stay at any of the over 1,000 participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide including; Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM.
100,000 Club Carlson Gold Points: Redeem for a 2-Night Stay – $385 (71 available)
What You Receive: 100,000 Club CarlsonSM Gold Points® redeemable for a 2-night stay at any of the over 1,000 hotels which include; Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites by CarlsonSM .
Terms and Conditions:
- Max. Quantity per Purchase: 2. No more than 2 sets of points purchased through this offer are allowed per loyalty number. A maximum of 4 sets of points is allowed per loyalty number across both Club Carlson offers.
- Must be a member of Club Carlson to participate. If you are not a member, click here to join today
- Award stays at hotels are for standard room and are subject to availability.
- The number of Club Carlson Gold Points required for an award night ranges from 9,000 Gold Points for a category 1 hotel to 50,000 Gold Points for a Category 6 hotel. To view hotel categories, visit our hotel category page.
- Gold Points will be posted to the Club Carlson member account upon validation of purchase from the Daily Getaways promotion. Allow 2-3 weeks for Gold Points to be credited to a member’s account.
- Purchased Gold points do not count toward elite status qualification.
- To redeem your Gold Points for an award stay visit www.carlson.com.
- All sales are final.
If we weren’t about to see the return of the Club Carlson Big Night Promotion, this package would be much more interesting to me. It is still a very good deal even with the Big Night coming up – just not as exciting as it otherwise might be. Do you plan to purchase some packages? If so, make sure to go to the Daily Getaways website when the sale starts at 1PM Eastern today.