Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
As I write this we are about six hours away from the “go live” time for two of the three Club Carlson “Big Night” promos. The three promos provide at least 138,000 Club Carlson points if you do all three. That is a ton of points! The Radisson and Country Inn & Suites promos launch tonight at 12:01AM CDT. Yes, the whole world should be on “Texas Time”. 😉 The Park Inn promo will go live exactly one week later at 12:01 AM on May 22nd.
RadissonBigNightGiveaway.com – 50,000 points after an eligible stay at a Radisson or Radisson Blu (limited to the first 100,000 registrants)
SOGOCountry.com – 44,000 points after an eligible stay at a Country Inn & Suites (limited to the first 35,000 registrants)
ParkInnOnePlusOne.com – 44,000 points after an eligible stay at a Park Inn (limited to the first 20,000 registrants)
So, what do you need to do/know before the registration goes live tonight? Technically, nothing other than get a Club Carlson number (use code NSB2K12 to get 2,000 bonus points instead of the expired code it defaults to), but there are some other things you can do in advance that should make the experience a bit more rewarding.
1. Read this post to catch-up on all the ins and outs of how the promo is speculated to work. Many of the details in the post are confirmed from one source or another, but some of it is still speculation since the actual terms and conditions are not yet public.
2. Request a status match to Club Carlson if you have elite status with another hotel chain by sending a screen shot of your status with another hotel chain to email@example.com . This will result in more points for your online bookings and stays, among other things.
3. Research some hotels you might want to stay at either on a “real” trip, or just for the purposes of this promo. If you are making a trip just for the purposes of this promo, just do the math to make sure it makes sense for you. Be sure to factor in your time. The rumored terms indicate that you will have to check-in and check-out to in person get the points. I have Tweeted Radisson to get some clarification on the “check-out” clause, as I know some people will want to “check-out” right after checking in if they are just participating in the promo for the points. As long as your stay earns points, it should work for this promo – that includes cash and points stays. To see if a rate earns points, just click on “rate details”. If it is ineligible it should look like this.
4. Research where you might want to redeem your points. There are many very nice Radisson and Radisson Blu properties that go for the equivalent of $300 – $500 USD per night (especially in Europe), so this promo can be very lucrative as you get enough points for a free night just by staying once. However, not everyone is going to redeem their points in Paris, so just be sure to have some idea of the value you will get when it comes time to redeem. Personally, I think redeeming for 5 nights at the Radisson International Drive in Orlando at 9,000 points per night is a pretty stellar redemption value for many families! Just think, have a stay with this promo for about $70 and get enough points for 5 nights in Orlando. That is a spectacular value.
5. When you do make your reservations, consider going through TopCashBack for 10% cash back (big thanks to Frequent Miler for that!). It is currently at 5%, but should go to 10% tonight. You can also use Membership Rewards portal for 3x points, if you would prefer.
6. If you want to play it very safe and register when the promo goes live tonight, then stay up Tweeting with me @Mommy_Points! I don’t normally stay up until 12:01AM Central, so this is a stretch for me. I’ll be giving away American Airlines miles on Twitter to pass the time. Should be fun! Help keep me awake. 😉 Last time there was no need to stay up late and register, but I’m doing it again just in case. Don’t stress too much if you don’t want to stay up late. Just register when you wake up in the morning.
I’m ready – can’t wait to get registered and see the full terms and conditions. Will you be staying up to register?