Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
We are now a few weeks into the three Club Carlson promos with the Radisson, Park Inn, and Country Inn & Suites brands and there are some updates to report. In case you are new to these promos, you stay one night on any points earning rate (which is most of them) and you earn 44,000 – 50,000 Club Carlson points to use on future reservations. That is enough to get you one night at the brands’ respective top tier hotels or enough for as many as five nights at their lower category properties. I have a one night stay booked on a “Best Rate Guarantee” that will cost me $39 out of pocket and I can get five nights at a resort right outside of Disney World as a result. Are you paying attention yet? You can go here for more details on this promotion.
RadissonBigNightGiveaway.com: (limited to the first 100,000 registrants) 50,000 bonus points
SOGOCountry.com: (limited to the first 35,000 registrants) now limited to 15,000 bonus points as # of registrants has been met
ParkInnOnePlusOne.com (limited to the first 20,000 registrants) 44,000 bonus points
- First, it is very important to note that one of the three promos, the County Inn and Suites Stay One Get One promo, has already reached the maximum number of registrants. You can still register for that promo, but you will only receive 15,000 bonus points instead of the full 44,000 points. What is interesting is that the Park Inn promo allowed for only 20,000 registrants whereas the County Inn & Suites only allowed for 35,000, and the Park Inn registration is still open. That promo did launch one week later, but what that says to me is that if you have not already registered for one of the two remaining deals and you would like to, do it now!
- Next, there are now reports on Milepoint and Flyertalk of bonus points being awarded for existing reservations and “Best Rate Guarantee” reservations. Neither of these is a huge surprise, but it is nice to see reports of the points posting. Most points seem to be posting within a few days instead of the stated 6-8 weeks, so that is great news for those who want to put their points to good use for some travel this summer.
- I will be hosting a small gathering in Houston in honor of the Park Inn promo at a Mexican restaurant near the Park Inn Houston North property on June 16th. We will meet for a late lunch around 1:30PM. Appetizers are on me! It is a pretty inexpensive Park Inn to stay at, and is one of only ten in the country, so let’s have a margarita and enjoy some good company while earning 44,000 bonus points! You can get more info or RSVP on Milepoint.
- I have read numerous reports that the 10% off from TopCashBack seems to be working as expected with this promo, so consider making your reservations through that portal to get some cash back! If you have not yet joined, you can use my link above and I get $10 once you earn $10 cash back. You can also leave/use a referral in the comments section as well. No matter how you sign-up, just make sure you aren’t leaving cash on the table – literally.
- Finally, remember that there are many Club Carlson properties that are going up or down in category after May 31st. If you hotel of choice is going up in category try to lock in the points rate ASAP. Of course, if the hotel you want is going down in points price then I would sit tight just a couple more days and take advantage of the new lower points price. You can read more about those changes here.
My first stay is still a couple of weeks away, but I would love to hear how your stays have been going! How was the hotel, how quickly did the points post, did your 10% from TopCashBack post, etc?