Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
It’s very much the middle of the week (though it totally feels like it should be a Thursday around here!), and it is time for a few mini-updates from the world of miles and points.
- If you are interested in attending Star MegaDo 4, you are invited to join the MilePoint Kiva Lending Team and make a loan to one of the Milepoint group loans in order to have a shot at securing a chance to book a seat on the MegaDo. The SMD4 will likely be an instant sell-out, so I am taking advantage of every opportunity to have a shot at being able to purchase a seat. Also, one of the organizers (Tommy777) posted that he has a call with Lufthansa today and that the details for the international portion of the trip will be announced in the very near future. Translation: we will find out how much that portion will cost! Head here for info on how to help others and give yourself a chance to book a seat on the MegaDo. Sign-up to receive MegaDo related emails and announcements from Megado.com.
- The folks at Inside Flyer were nice enough to reach out to me and include an interview about this site in the current edition of the magazine. In case you are new to Inside Flyer, it really is the magazine for all things frequent flyer related. If you don’t receive a printed copy of the magazine, you can check out the interview in their online edition. They ask me questions such as whether I keep some deals for myself and don’t write about them, if I think bloggers are responsible for ruining some miles and points deals, and why I now have a business class international trip booked when I usually travel in coach.
- The 500 free United miles from signing up for text messages posted to my MileagePlus account yesterday, so see if yours have as well. I have only received one text message from United so far, so it was well worth 500 miles for me. You can unsubscribe by texting STOP to 81825.
- June 30th (Saturday) is the deadline to transfer American Express Membership Reward points to Priority Club. This is typically not a very good use of MR points, so I’m not overly upset to see the partnership end, but if you don’t have any Priority Club points in your account, you may want to transfer 5,000 points before the deadline. The reason you might want to consider this transfer is in case you ever want to take advantage of the “unofficial way” to purchase points for .7 cents each. In order to make that purchase you must first have 5,000 Priority Club points in your account. Google “buy Priority Club points for .6 cents” if you have no idea what I am talking about. (The price recently went up from .6 to .7 cents)
- A final reminder to register for the SPG Nice Choice promotion before July 1st. I am registering today for the double points after the second stay choice as I don’t think I will have a large number of SPG stays from July 1 – September 30. Taking a guess at what will work best for you is better than missing the deadline and not being able to register for any choices.