Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
The SPG “Better by the Night” fall promotion has now been announced, and while it isn’t a promotion that is life altering by any stretch of the imagination, it is one that I actually find fairly decent by recent hotel promotion standards.
Here are the details on “Better by the Night”:
- Double SPG points on 1-2 night stays
- Triple SPG points on stays of 3+ night stays
- Register by November 30th
- Stay from October 1 – December 20
- Earn unlimited points at over 1,000 participating SPG hotels
There will also be booking bonuses available for booking hotels via SPG.com or the SPG app:
- 250 Starpoints for eligible stays booked at spg.com
- 500 Starpoints for eligible stays booked through the SPG app for iPhone
- Bookings made through the SPG app for BlackBerry or the W® Hotels app for iPhone qualify for the 250 Starpoints bonus.
- Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the promotion period will receive bonuses.
- Booking bonuses will post to the registered member’s account after the end of the promotion period.
I’m equally as excited about the booking bonuses as I am the promotion. For example, a $150 night at an SPG hotel normally would earn 300 points for non-elite members. With this promotion you would now earn 600 points for the night plus 500 additional points if you book via the iPhone app. I’ll take 1,100 points over 300 points any day of the week! The bad news is there is a hefty list of hotels and resorts that aren’t participating in the “Better by the Night” promo, so be sure to check that out when making your plans. All hotels are participating in the booking bonus.
Registration is not yet available, but you can get more information about the promotion here.