Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Since posting recently about how I plan to get to 40,000 FlexPerks points (including the nice start from the Olympics sign-up bonus that expired in August), I have had several people remind me of some other easy ways to get additional FlexPerks points, so I thought I would put those ideas together in one place. As you likely already know, if you got in on the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Olympic promo like I did, then you want to get to 40,000 points instead of being stuck in Neverland with 30K+ points. 40,000 points will get you up to $800 in airfare that can be used for two $400 tickets as opposed to just one $600 ticket if you don’t get to 40K. You can take advantage of the 2x and 3x bonus categories to go to the 40K level quicker, but here are a few tips to add some points without spending a dime:
- If you have been building up your e-Rewards balance in hopes of transferring some to US Airways for a Grand Slam hit, you may now have some extra e-Rewards that you aren’t sure what to do with. One option is to transfer some credit to FlexPerks in order to get to the 40,000 point mark easier. Points transfer from e-Rewards at a rate of 500 FlexPerks for $25 credit from e-Rewards. Thanks to this Flyertalk thread for that reminder!
- Get 250 easy points by registering to receive emails from FlexPerks. Points are reported to be awarded 6-8 weeks after registering.
- Possible 500 points on your first visit to the FlexPerks Promo Center. I read about this at InaCents.com about a month ago, but when I tried it for myself a few days ago it didn’t seem to work. Perhaps I did something wrong, perhaps that promo is over, or perhaps it was targeted. Image from InaCents.com since it would not display for me. Hopefully some of you might have better luck with this one than I did!
- Submit a photo of you traveling for 500 FlexPerks points for entering plus a chance to win up to 20,000 points. There are six winners each month who will win 20,000, 10,000, or 5,000 points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place based on popular vote. The judges also award the same number of points to their own 1st – 3rd place monthly winners. The trick with this one is that you must have first redeemed points for an airline ticket before you are eligible, so it probably won’t help many of us who are still trying to build our FlexPerks balances.
- Other ways to get FlexPerks points also exist. You can also purchase points for $75 per 2,500 points; get 5,000 points per approved referral when friends/family apply for and use a FlexPerks card; or get points by turning unused gift cards to points at Plastic Jungle. I don’t think any of these are particularly good deals in most situations, but I wanted to briefly mention them in case they are helpful to get to a specific threshold level.
If you know of some others ways to quickly accumulate FlexPerks points I’d love to hear about it! I know I am looking forward to earning two $400 mileage earning tickets!