Last month there was a very limited time offer where Mypoints.com was offering 150 points per dollar for those who went through their site to shop at OpenSky.com. Open Sky has lots of fancy and pricey items that looked pretty cool, but that I normally probably wouldn’t purchase due to the cost. However at 150 MyPoints per dollar, I pulled the trigger since the gift certificates I would earn in exchange for the purchases were worth more than the purchases cost. It was a crazy almost-too-good-to-be-true deal that seems to have actually turned out to be true.

There was a bunch of confusion during the promo as to whether you were earned 150 MyPoints per dollar or 150 OpenSky points per dollar, but it turns out it was indeed the more valuable MyPoints that were earned. My points still have not yet posted, which isn’t surprising given I think we were told it would take 30 days, but things are looking up for the promotion.

I have been following the Slick Deals thread on the topic, and some with smaller purchases (there was a $500 max for the 150 points per dollar) have seen their points post. The guess is that those with larger purchases are having them verified to make sure they are valid, and that each person only submitted one order for the 150 points per dollar (or perhaps several smaller orders that totaled $500). Even though the points for my $500+ order have not yet posted, the fact that some are starting to see the points correctly post is encouraging. Also encouraging is the MyPoints Facebook page that shows a MyPoints rep asking if people are liking the OpenSky products they purchased for 150 points per dollar, and reassuring folks the points would still post.

In that same Facebook thread, the MyPoints rep goes on to confirm that it was indeed 150 MyPoints per dollar that were earned.

As for me, we are loving our fancy schmancy scale, cooking pan, and knives. (If we were playing it safe we would have left them in their boxes so we could return if this whole thing went belly-up). I will love them even more when we see the points post, and I cash out for some Hyatt gift cards to use for some stays I would have had anyway.

Have you seen any MyPoints post yet? Do you have any updates on this deal?

15 Responses to “Things Still Looking Good for MyPoints 150 Points Per Dollar Deal”

1. Lindsay says:

I ordered a fancy big umbrella and two gorgeous pans (a saucepan and a sauteuse) for a total of just over $500, and my points haven’t shown up as pending yet. I haven’t opened them yet, because I’m going to return them if I don’t get the points, but like you’ve posted here, it seems like other people aren’t having problems getting their points. I am hopeful!

2. dealswelike says:

I stiill haven’t received the points but am hopeful as well! Items are still boxed in case and I am hoping to put the item away soon and throw away the boxes.

3. midcitybeth says:

my points posted, and will clear on the 10th. you can contact them and give you order # and ask if the mypoints are associated with your order, they will then confirm you were part of the mypoints deal. I was already able to flip a coffee maker on ebay for a profit.

4. BenjaminN says:

I’m with you dealswelik. I still have my purchases in the box but one of my items have not shipped yet.

5. Jason says:

“and that each person only submitted one order for the 150 points per dollar.”

Was this stated in the terms? I actually made a large order and then a smaller order to complete the $500. The smaller order has posted but nothing on the large order yet.

Jason, I think it technically said up to $500 per household, so two orders that may work up to $500. I meant for those who might have tried multiple $500 orders.

6. Nadine says:

I only ordered a $200 order to be safe, but the points posted (pending) and I have a beautiful Le Creuset casserole dish.

7. PhatMiles says:

Good to hear pro-news on mypoints. I am eagerly waiting points for my 500$ purchase.

8. Piecerate says:

Nothing yet but it looks like this was the real deal. I’ll give a few more weeks before I get worried.

9. Dave says:

I’m in the same boat as a lot of you. My order (after tax or shipping or whatever) was $517ish, and I’ve received everything. However, everything is still in the box because I don’t want them if I don’t get points. I know the return policy is 30 days for most items, but is that 30 days from order or 30 days from shipment/receipt of item? What will you do if it’s day 30, you have no points, and you have to decide what to do that day?

10. Lindsay says:

I’m not sure what I’m going to do, Dave! I have the added ‘ugh’ factor that I’m going to be out of the country for nearly two weeks around the 30-day to 42-day window after my ordered-by date. I did buy my stuff with an Amex, which I guess gives me some sort of 90-day purchase protection, but I’d rather not rely on that.

11. Pat says:

I had a $140 order (one item priced less than Amazon and two which looked interesting). My points are pending and I actually took advantage of the recent deal for 50 points since points are doubled for the first 30 days after account creation. A rep has said the bonus points will post once it leaves the pending stage.

Now to decide whether to get Amazon gift cards or United miles.

12. Mark says:

My points showed up as pending last week. Apparently they are pending for 30 days. I bought $375 in merch and 56,000+ is enough for $450 in gift cards. That’s $75 more than I paid and we got some nice stuff. I don’t understand how\why this works for either company but as long as the points post I’m not going to complain.

13. Lee says:

I got my points (78,000 for a $520 purchse) this morning…finally!

14. […] Fellow BoardingArea blogger MommyPoints then posted encouraging news on October 21 (see “Things Still Looking Good for MyPoints 150 Points Per Dollar Deal“).  Apparently MyPoints told customers via Facebook not to worry – they’ll […]