As I posted earlier this week, the Frequent Traveler University (basically a miles and points conference) is headed to the Washington DC area in April 2013.  Now the tickets are on sale and a (very) rough schedule has been posted.  Tickets are $100 and rooms are available at the conference hotel, the Hilton McLean Tyson’s Corner for a group rate of $89 per night.  That Hilton is reported to be the best one Hiltons in North America, so I am looking forward to checking it out.

You can purchase your tickets to the FTU here.

Here are the details about the weekend that have been posted so far on the Frequent Traveler University website.  And I now see why Tommy777 called me and asked for a short bio yesterday, now added to the to-do list…

Gary Leff (gleff) and Ben Schlappig (lucky9876coins) will share their experience booking hundreds of millions of miles worth of award tickets.

Million Mile Secrets will offer a solid introduction to those new (or always looking to brush up!) on the hobby.

Steve Belkin (beaubo) has experience earning tens of millions of miles and burning hundreds of millions. He’s hired New Zealand college students and disabled Thai rice farmers to fly for him. He’ll show you how to take the next big mileage deal and turn it to your LASTING advantage – without having a run in with the DEA while you’re at it!

MommyPoints superblogger Summer is confirmed.

AND many more to come

With the faculty above, and other super stars being confirmed as well, from Fuel Dumps to First Class you’ll learn everything you need to know about travel, miles, and points!

Other highlights:

— The ONLY educational event that features The Godfather of Frequent Flyer Miles, Randy Petersen
— Milepoint sponsored welcome cocktails with Randy and the Milepoint team
— The ONLY educational event where you can meet the loyalty program leaders and ask them questions

— Get a chance to win an invitation to the 25th Freddie Awards super gala hosted by USA Today world headquarters next to the host hotel

Preliminary program schedule

Friday April 26th:

430PM: registration opens

630PM: welcome cocktails sponsored by Milepoint, hosted by Randy Petersen and the Milepoint crew

Saturday April 27th

8:00AM: registration opens

Complimentary coffee and tea available

9:00AM: Sessions start

12 noon: plated lunch

1:00PM: afternoon sessions starts

Sunday April 28th

Complimentary coffee and tea available

9:00AM: Sessions start

12 noon: plated lunch

1:00PM: afternoon sessions starts

4:00PM: program concludes

Accomodations: We’ve negotiated an awesome rate at one of the best Hiltons in North America for the participants: 89USD per night + taxes. The rate is available Friday to Sunday. The room block is limited and always sell out, so secure your room today.

Use this link to book the hotel:

I’m not sure what I am presenting about yet, but I am very much looking forward to again being involved with the FTU and I hope to see many of you there!

17 Responses to “April Frequent Traveler University Tickets Now On Sale”

1. Sarah says:

Just registered! So excited to attend my first FTU!

2. mik says:

sweet, live just down the street from there. Looks like I’ll be attending this year

3. Christine says:

I can’t believe it but I did it. I bought my ticket! So excited. Seems like at every turn their is so much to learn.

4. […] Frequent Traveler University, on April 26th-28th at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner.  MommyPoints, View from the Wing, and others have write-ups about the event.  I’d encourage all readers […]

5. Michael says:

You guys are killing me! I was looking forward to my first ever FTU, and it turns out right now I’m right in the middle of a HNL-MIA-Peru stopover in Miami, continuing to Machu Picchu on that weekend. Had to be that weekend huh? At least I’ll get to see some Mayan ruins that weekend. Hopefully we’ll see you guys on the next one. Have fun!

Yay, can’t wait to see several of you there!!

7. jerry says:

Will I need to buy a ticket for my wife who won`t be attending sessions, but might want to attend the social activities ?

8. It’ll be great to meet a bunch of new people. Cant wait.

9. Marshall says:

What is the group discount code? Link did not have the group code so had normal rate $299/night!

10. marathon man says:

Hmmm, Hilton Tysons Corner… Does that mean this is going to be like the film, Hangover, and Mike Tyson is going to be there with his tiger? I am SOOOOO there then!
    Yes I have booked a spot but have yet to book a room at the hotel because I may wish to share it with another member but the T&C say “An extra person charge per person may apply for 2 or more guests sharing the same guestroom… should you choose to depart early a departure fee will be charged;…and, …we reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.
    . So just BEING Marathon Man makes me a candidate for: Having a party, getting kicked out of something, and getting accused of abuse for some giftcard scheme or something that someone calls fraud who probably just says so cuz they weren’t on on it. lol (besides it’s unclear whether registering with the hotel’s group promo rate allows one to earn HH points)
    Anyway I am there and there’s this too: I asked Gary if I could SPEAK at the event and he said he was still too busy working on the LAX one to tell me anything yet so if you could push that concept to whomever runs this stuff that would be great. I may have no blog but I have info and stuff I think people would benefit from anyway.

11. Generic says:

Will this be pretty much the same conference as the December 1-2, 2012 FTU in Los Angeles? I’m signed up to go there, so wouldn’t likely go to this one if it is mostly or totally similar. On the other hand, if there are significant differences: sounds like a good opportunity to gain some miles and hotel nights and get educated further!

12. Brian says:

Hopefully your future presentations are better than your recent attempt in Chicago. It was underwhelming, uninformative, and so factually inaccurate in regards to many details that Mr. Pickles took to repeatedly correcting you.

MileageUpdate, see you there!
    Marshall, the link is taking me to the group booking page where rooms for 26th – 28th are automatically $89/night. Are you trying a different date? If not, then try again and see what happens. If that still doesn’t work, let me know.
    MM, ha ha. Gary is the man for the scheduling of the event, but I’ll make sure he remembers your offer! See you there!
    Generic, I bet it is similar. I’m sure there will be some differences, but probably not enough to warrant hitting both unless you happen to just enjoy it and want to do more networking…and there are a number of folks who fall into those categories.
    Brian, wow, very sorry to hear the session didn’t live up to your expectations. I hadn’t yet gotten that feedback, but please feel free to email/post specifics as I’m sure the presentation can always stand to improve. mommypoints@hotmail.com

14. Ryan says:

Booked and excited…another first-timer here!

15. marathon man says:

yup lets see what Gary does/says. I had asked him last week too so now that this is out there and people like me have booked a spot and a room, I would love to find out if I can speak too. I have some unique angles to discuss and well, people may benefit from it. But either way it’s going to be fun to meet some of you people and talk of miles.

16. John says:

If there is anyone that has:

ONE EXTRA TICKET for this April’s FTU Event in Washington, DC…

I would love to buy it from you if you can’t make it. If you may know of anyone that has an extra, I would appreciate forwarding my information to them.

I can pay you immediately via paypal or whatever. personette@gmail.com

Thanks for reading – John