We are currently on a trip that we have looked forward to basically since I knew I was pregnant with Little C. She was due on Christmas Day, has a Christmas themed middle name, and we are a “Christmas Crazy” family, so clearly she had to have the NYC Christmas experience as soon as she was even marginally old enough to appreciate it. Since she is almost 3, and is no longer scared of Santa, this was the year to take the big trip.

I will be posting plenty on our amazing trip once we get back home, but for now here are some teasers of what miles and points made possible. This truly was an example of miles and points being utilized for a family focused trip in a very fine way. Awesome for the little one, and awesome for her parents.

Sitting in BusinessFirst on the way to Newark in the new United 787 Dreamliner.

20121201-145012.jpg

Going swimming in the huge tub in the Andaz Splash Suite…and “talking to Grandma” on the bathtub phone.

20121201-145034.jpg

20121201-145104.jpg

Experiencing the Miracle on 34th Street.

Getting a good look at the big city – she loves it.

Eating delicious sushi in a fancy Manhattan restaurant.

Standing under the twinkling lights.

20121201-145127.jpg

Licking your chops while starting at your room service breakfast that was free courtesy of Hyatt Diamond status.

20121201-145134.jpg

The trip is truly as amazing as I hoped it would be…and it’s not over yet. We brought my parents along as well – also on miles and points. This trip would not be affordable if we weren’t traveling using our “hard earned” miles and points. Can’t wait to tell you all about it once we get home. This is a trip I highly recommend to all Christmas loving families.

17 Responses to “Using Points to Visit the North Pole (aka Macy’s 34th ST)”

1. Looks like a wonderful time.

2. Alanea says:

Awesome post – I totally agree – NYC is amazing at Christmas! Love the photo of her on dad’s shoulders with the skyscraper in the background.

3. MilesAbound says:

Yes it’s hard to beat NYC this time of year with the kids. I work just off 5th and love the vibe (except wen mini a rush and get stuck in the hoards of foot traffic lol)

4. Elizabeth says:

Our family did this trip in 2010 and it was the best Christmas ever. We even experienced the blizzard that year! The kids were excited to see snow…we’re from Texas. Enjoy your trip!!

5. LauraS. says:

What a wonderful family trip. I know my 7 and 8-year olds would love it! Have a magical time :)

6. ikonos says:

@Mommypoints Hope your family is having fun in NYC, it is a good place to visit during this time.

If its not too much trouble, can you change the title of this post so no one confuses that this is a trip report to North Pole.

7. barb says:

I am leaving for NYC in 3 days and I have two questions: 1. How did you get from the airport to your hotel? 2. On the carriage rides- did you make reservations or just do the walk-up and if you did walk-up is that cash only or do they take cc?

8. Grant says:

@MP, can you adopt me please! I’ll even chip in a little bit. So jealous of Little C

9. I am a bit disappointed. I thought you were literally visiting the North Pole! lol

Sorry for those who thought this was really about the actual North Pole. Money back guarantee for any who clicked on the post in error. Title updated. ;).

Will answer all other questions very soon!

10. Emily E says:

When my daughter was 2, we took the train up to NYC from DC in December. It was awesome and one of my favorite family trips. We used my husband’s hilton points to get a suite at the doubletree times square that was going for $1000/night that weekend. Talk about a points deal!

11. BOShappyflyer says:

Hahaha, I really thought it was a trip to the North Pole too.

Glad you had a great time in NYC. I’m a NE native and have been to parts of NY. Last year was the first time my family and I stayed in the heart of Times Square, and it was fun and convenient. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

12. MilesAbound says:

p.s. MP has anyone ever mentioned Little C is the spitting image of Charlie on the Disney show Good Luck Charlie? (Sorry it’s my kids favorite show so watching while blogging…) Maybe you have a future star there :)

13. noltian says:

I would like to know how you used point and mile for this trip…

14. lcsmom says:

Awaiting trip report. However, my little one is 18 and can’t wait.

15. Denise L says:

NYC at Christmas time is so much fun with kids. Glad you are having a ball. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.