Right before Thanksgiving, my little family enjoyed a night away at our “home away from home”, the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort near Austin. As I mentioned in this post, one of the highlights of the short trip was the afternoon that my husband and I visited the spa while our daughter had a ball at Camp Hyatt. At the spa I enjoyed both an hour long massage and a facial. My husband just had a massage. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our procedures.  This is actually saying a lot since facials can be tricky to balance feeling somewhat relaxed and actually getting some value out of it…if you have ever had a facial you know what I mean.

The physical surroundings of the Spa Django were also very lovely and relaxing.  I didn’t have time to really enjoy the facilities that day, but I hope to on a future visit.

20121210-103615.jpg

20121210-103628.jpg

20121210-103701.jpg

20121210-103714.jpg

The one downside of the spa was the price.  It wasn’t astronomical for what you were getting, but like most resort spa prices, it wasn’t cheap either.  Let’s just say we earned a bunch of Hyatt Gold Passport points that day.  However, the deal that is currently available via Travelzoo offers an hour long massage at the Spa Django for just $79, or your choice of one of six hour long facials for $89.  The vouchers can be redeemed December 6th through February 28, 2013. Appointments are required. When you call to schedule your appointment, you need to reference your voucher and must present voucher upon arrival. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your appointment with less than 4 hours’ notice. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. An automatic gratuity of 20% will be applied to the retail value of the services upon redemption.

If you like spa visits, and the Hyatt Lost Pines is in your travel plans between now and the end of February, I’d give this offer some serious consideration.  I may even have to pick one up for myself.

9 Responses to “Great Hyatt Lost Pines Spa Deal”

1. How are is this resort from Austin? I was thinking of visiting the property the night before the Austin Do?

PerryPlatypus, depending on time of day and where you want to go in Austin, I’d say it’s at least 30-40 minutes from Austin. Longer in traffic, or if you are coming from a far side of Austin. If you have the time, it is worth at least a night before/after an Austin trip.

2. Erndog says:

It’s pretty quick drive from the Austin airport . . . “almost” down the road . . . just a bit southeast, going away from Austin

3. Bowman Hall says:

AUS airport to Lost Pines is about 10-15 mins drive, and AUS airport to downtown Austin is about 15-20 mins drive.

4. We plan on driving down from the DFW area. Thought I would burn a suite upgrade from the SMD4 Hyatt promo before they expire at the end of Feb.

Perry, sounds like a good plan then. I would do it! We have another trip that weekend, or we would possibly be there before the BBQ Do as well.

5. Tricia says:

I’m pretty new to the whole points scene and am trying to figure out which cards to get. I’m thinking the Hyatt card may be one of them. Are the two free nights good at ANY Hyatt? We are currently living in HK and are travelling a lot more…Thanks! Tricia

6. Tricia says:

Oh…and do Hyatt Place stays count at the same level as any other Hyatt?

Tricia, the Hyatt card is phenomenal for the free two night sign-up bonus. The two nights are good at any Hyatt (provided they have standard room availability). Hyatt Places do count toward status the same as any other, if that is the question. ;)