Happy Friday morning!  The new Priority Club Award chart is now live….and it is about what we expected.  Bad.  I’ve got a sick kiddo home today, so I haven’t been able to look at too many properties yet, but I did check the properties that I identified here as being ones to almost certainly increase.  They all did.

Candlewood Suites Times Square went from 20,000 to 35,000 points

Staybrdige Suites Times Square went from 25,000 to 35,000 points

Hotel Indigo New York City went from 35,000 to 45,000 points

Crowne Plaza Times Square went from 35,000 to 45,000 points

Basically, as expected most NYC properties that were previously capped at 20,000, 25,000, or 35,000 points went up.

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour Sydney went from 25,000 to 35,000 points

Holiday Inn Mayfair London went from 25,000 to 35,000 points

Holiday Inn Paris Opera went from 25,000 to 30,000 points

Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki went from 25,000 to 35,000 points

Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives went from 25,000 to 35,000 points

In my brief searches it seems many Holiday Inns in popular locations went from 25,000 to 35,000 and many Crowne Plazas in popular cities went from 35,000 to 45,000.  The lower rates that briefly displayed earlier this week were (as was speculated), just errors.  Those rates are not available for booking now via this new chart.  For example, some were booking the Holiday Inn Munich City Centre that evening for 10,000 points per night, but now it is 35,000 points.  Ugh.  I’m sure some properties have gone down, but they sure aren’t the ones that are on my radar.  Remember you can book at the old rates through March 18th by calling Priority Club.  I recommend using Loyalty Lobby’s very helpful list of the previous rates so you can determine if a hotel has gone up or down in points cost.

Have you found any properties that will work for you that went down in price?

30 Responses to “New Priority Club Award Rates Live…..and it’s yucky”

1. Eric L. says:

I ‘safety’ booked this early this week a Ski Trip in Colorado… I booked 4 nights at the Frisco / Summit Cty. Holiday Inn and 2 nights at the Vail Holiday Inn.. The ‘old’ rate was 20,000 @ Frisco and 25,000 @ Vail…. Frisco/Summit County jumped to 25,000 and Vail jumped to 35,000 ! (Very interesting the CASH price dropped tremendously Frisco around $175 a night early in the week and is now down to $93…. Vail was $195 and is now down to $108.99) Not only did the points go up, the prices went down which is tremendous devaluation in points…. Interesting to see if they bump up their Credit Card offer to 80,000 or a 100,000. The 60,000 offer isn’t going to get you very much, now…

2. baxterboy12 says:

Staybridge suites times square was my go to property in Manhattan. 175 bucks night. On to the next deal.

3. DaninSTL says:

I understand why they did it but combined with other changes in the program they have brought themselves down to the other hotel chains. It will impact my loyalty.

4. Paul S. says:

Intercontinental Tokyo Bay went from 40k to 35k. I might stay there in April.

5. Adam K says:

All three of the crappy Crowne Plaza properties in Columbus, OH went down. North and Dublin 25K->20K, Downtown from 35K-30K. Actually, it looks like a lot of properties in Columbus dropped 5-10K, which’ll be great for Ohio State Football weekends, when the prices go wacky.

6. Charles says:

My go to properties stayed the same…for now.

7. Jeff says:

Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon went from 25,000 to 35,000.

Holiday Inn Holbrook went from 15,000 to 25,000.

I am not liking these changes! :(

8. Dale says:

The thing I loved about Priority Club was the ability to stay in most center cities for 25K points a night at a Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge, or maybe even Crowne. Now that’s gone. They stated that 60% of their properties were changing values, and that about half were going up and half going down. But lots of properties have gone up 10K while most of the properties that have gone down have only been 5K.

Will get with the wife to see if she wants to take any trips this year to NY, Chicago or San Francisco to still take advantage of the 25K properties since you can call and get the old rate until March 18 I believe.

9. Jason says:

HIX Madison Square Garden went from 25k to 35k–my go to property with a family. Good thing I already locked and burned my PC points on a 3 night stay over Labor Day wknd!

10. Narayana S says:

Virginia beach hotels on the beach have all gone up 10K even for HIX – 35K for one night..this sucks..

11. Pan says:

Huge devaluation for holiday Inn in expensive cities. Almost all holiday inn in Paris is 35K now. Going from 25K to 35K is a 40% increase!

12. Jose A says:

Just used my remaining 20k points on the Candlewood Suites Times Square last Saturday. Close call.

13. Pan says:

@Narayana same thing for ocean city and Bethany Beach 25K->35K

Any idea if we can book cash+point under the old rate in the grace period?

14. MJM says:

Historic Charleston is not even open until next week and it went from 15K to 20K.

15. Jason says:

Found a HIX that I booked in Lubbock, TX that went up 100% – 10k to 20k.

Ok, I know, who cares about Lubbock, TX :P

16. Michael says:

I locked in some rates for upcoming stays in Paris and London — but WOW — some huge JUMPS for my preferred hotels in London: Hotel Indigo Paddington went from 25K to 45K! (Indigo Tower Hill also jumped 25K to 45K) and the new Hotel Indigo Earls Court went form 25K to 30K (so that’s a really good deal –) but overall, I’d much rather stay at the Intercontinental London for 50K than the Indigo for 45K

The Paris hotels are much higher: 25K to 35K for holiday inns, making the Intercontinentals at 50K a better value.

All in all — with the Starwood cash & points hikes and now THIS — a lousy day

17. 43 says:

The Portland OR (Troutdale) Holiday Inn Express went down from 15k to 10k (not bad if you’re off to Mt. Hood). Everything else in the Portland area appears to have held steady or gone up by 5k.

18. Jay says:

Everything in Downtown/FQ New Orleans went up.

19. Eric says:

Yep, priority club was great for Mardi Gras in New Orleans. You could get cheap, clean rooms right in the action. It looks like everything went up by 10K points.

20. TJ says:

There are some great values to be had with the new award chart – check out my post:

21. Debra I says:

The Chicago Intercontinental (Miracle Mile) went down from 50k to 40k.

22. Debra I says:

Oops… I mean it went down to 45K.

23. Corridor! says:

Be happy that the Holiday Inn Kandooma went up. I stayed there for 15K a night and I am still regretting it. The resort was horrible. Learn from me. Don’t budget travel in the Maldives. If you are going to go, do it right!

24. collector says:

My favorite redemption – crowne plaza (z ocean hotel) South Beach went up from 35k to 45k. It was just 25k a year ago…

25. Steve T says:

News is bad for New York city properties expecially Candlewood and Staybridge. Holdiay Inn Newark Airport also increased from 15,000 to 25,000. California choice properties increased significantly.Guess it makes my free night for having the Priority Club credit Card more valuable.

26. […] news in the world of hotel points. Priority Club has upped the redemption prices on a host of hotels in popular destinations and SPG has increased […]

27. There might be some deals but it sure seems that the ones Ive been to or were planning just jumped higher. Reminds me again that we are all just playing by someone else’s rules. Max as much as you can as soon as you can.

28. Crowne Plaza in Amsterdam City Centre went up 5k to 40k/night. On the other hand, it makes the InterContinental there look like a steal, as it is also 40k/night (that one did not change).