Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Here are a few quick reminders and odds and ends as we head toward the end of the month tomorrow….
- The usual advice regarding the Citi credit card “double browser trick” seems to have changed. Too early to tell if this deal is really dying, but it certainly seems to have changed. Read this FT thread for more info, but the main piece of info is not to call to try and get the cards approved. Just wait and let time do it’s thing and you may have better luck.
- If you were targeted for the 100% US Airways “buy miles” promo this month it ends on January 31st (though this deal seems to come and go with some regularity). It can be a decent deal depending on your redemption plans, but certainly not one to jump head first into. The Points Guy wrote a full post on this topic if you want more details.
- This month’s Ultimate Rewards Shopping bonuses are subject to change at the end of the month, so plan accordingly if a retailer you are interested in has a high payout. Here is a post that gives some details on the January 2013 payouts.
- For those of you that know United’s “10 Million Mile Man”, Tom Stoker, his TV show “Car Lot Rescue” is about to premiere on Spike on February 10th at 10/9c. This isn’t exactly frequent flyer related, but he certainly is famous in frequent flyer circles (he even hopped on the recent Star MegaDo 4 domestic segments), so I wanted to mention it for those who might be interested.
- Anyone with a Bank of America debit or credit card can get into participating museums, zoos, botanical gardens and more this upcoming weekend for free via their “Museums On Us” promotion. We took advantage of this deal to visit the Houston Zoo with Little C a while back and it was a super simple process that resulted in a great deal. They offer it the first full weekend of every month.
- Southwest Airlines is offering deals to/from Phoenix, Las Vegas, & Florida starting at $69, $109, $139, $189 one-way depending on the distance flown through Jan 31st. Here are the details:
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from Jan. 25 through Jan. 31, 2013, 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel Feb. 8 through May 31, 2013.
- Travel to Florida, Phoenix, and Las Vegas valid on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays.
- Travel from Florida, Phoenix, and Las Vegas valid on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. From Florida, Phoenix, Las Vegas sale blackout dates apply Mar. 28 thru Mar. 30 and Apr. 5.
- Fares valid on nonstop service only.
During a couple of brief searches I didn’t reveal an amazing savings, but it may be worth checking if the dates match up with your travel plans.
Let me know what I missed and I’ll try to get it added!