Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Happy Thursday – we are enjoying some unseasonably cool weather here in Texas…which I am sure is our last tease before the Gates of Hades open and we all melt down here until mid-September! So, in case you want to quickly get outside and enjoy the weather wherever you are, here are some super fast updates from the world of miles and points.
- Double Points on Hertz Rentals: I’m a huge fan of the Hertz points as I think they can be very valuable when used strategically (such as in cities where rental rates are high, for one-way rentals, or for SUVs during ski season). You can now register for a promotion that runs April 10 – June 22nd that awards double points on all minimum two-day rentals after your first one. That means earnings on the double for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th rental and so on. Free weekend days start at 500 points, and the normal rate of earning is one point per dollar. Thanks to Points, Miles, and Martinis for pointing this out!
- While I was poking around on the Hertz website, I noticed that if you were a Hertz #1 Club Member that has not yet upgraded to their Hertz Gold Club Rewards program that all of your points will expire on April 30, 2013. So, I recommend upgrading now if you have not done so already. It is a free process and actually is pretty handy in expediting the process when you pick-up rental cars.
- Win a “Bubble Bum” inflatable booster seat type contraption that would be handy for travel with small kids and/or 5,000 Ultimate Reward points from my friend over at Pizza In Motion. So far it looks like pretty decent odds of winning!
- I love using the United Same Day Change policy, but I’m not near as familiar with the process over at Delta. It seems they have made some pretty large changes to the Delta Same Day Change policy. If you fly Delta and this impacts you then head over to Delta Points for all the details.
- I’m looking for a few families to feature in my “Little C’s Traveling Friends” series. Thus far I have only featured traveling families I know in the real world, but I want to branch out and include some of my “virtual” friends as well. Basically if you are willing to share your story about travel with your family, tips on traveling with kids, how you have used miles and points, etc. I would love to share your story. No last names needed, but pictures do make the story much better, so take that into account before raising your hand. Head here for some examples of what I have used in the past. There is no compensation provided other than my heartfelt thank you and perhaps a t-shirt or two, but I am all for continuing to show other families that family travel can not only be affordable, but fun (and sometimes just downright funny…). Email me at email@example.com if you are interested in being featured in this series and we’ll get back to you.
Let me know if I left out any big miles and points news and enjoy the rest of your Thursday!