Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
I hate writing about targeted bonuses or promos as those left out are always unhappy (and sometimes I am the one left out), but since I do care about elite status with United I will write about this one. Note that with united premier qualifying miles = elite qualifying miles. Here are the details:
For a limited time, earn 50% more Premier qualifying miles (PQM) when you travel anywhere around the globe.
A 50% PQM bonus is yours when you travel in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United BusinessFirst®, United Business® or United Economy® fare classes (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V).
Simply register, book and complete travel before May 23, 2013.
Note that the economy fare classes listed above leave out many of the cheapest economy fare classes that I often book, including W, S, T, L, K, G and N. I haven’t personally seen United do a promo involving extra elite qualifying miles in a while, so even though this one may not work for my travel plans, I was at least glad to see it on the table. You can also bet that if I need to book another flight for travel during the promo time-frame that I will keep this in mind.
I wouldn’t bank on getting this one unless you really were targeted as sometimes United lets you register for a promo, but then later says you weren’t targeted so you don’t get the bonus. Who else got this email? Will you be participating?
Here are the full terms and conditions:
- On paid qualifying flights members can earn a 50% Premier qualifying miles bonus on base miles earned for travel in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business, full-fare United Economy, or discount United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes).
- Offer valid for roundtrip tickets purchased between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013, for travel between April 17, 2013, and May 23, 2013.
- Registration required before travel at united.com.
- Offer valid for MileagePlus members who are the original recipients of an email invitation from MileagePlus.
- To qualify, it is required that you register on united.com before travel, then purchase and complete paid roundtrips anywhere worldwide on flights operated by United.
- Offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city. Open jaw and circle trip itineraries do not qualify.
- This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
- Bonus is not combinable.
- Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- Electronic ticket purchase is required. Tickets purchased in the U.S. through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count or qualify for Premier® status unless expressly stated otherwise. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the program. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to united.com/mileageplus.