Today is the last day of April, so that means it is the last day for some various promos and deals in the miles and points world. Here’s a quick rundown of what ends today, so that you don’t accidentally miss out on anything that is important to you!

• Last day to purchase AviancaTaca LifeMiles at 100% bonus, which comes to 1.5 cents per mile.  You can use these miles to book other Star Alliance award flights such as United, Lufthansa, Singapore, and more.  Remember you must have already been an account holder since at least April 8th to get the bonus, and the max you can purchase to get the 100% bonus is 75K miles.  Read this post for more details.
  • Last day to register for the Hyatt Possibilities promo that runs until May 31st.  I recommend registering even if you aren’t 100% sure you will use the promo since this is the deadline.  You earn 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every three eligible nights, up to 45,000 bonus points.
  • Registration is now open for the SPG Double Take promo that starts tomorrow and awards double SPG points on all eligible stays from May 1 through July 31, 2013, at more than 1,000 participating Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide.
  • The US Airways promo that offers a 50% bonus on hotel points transferred in requires that the transfers have an activity date by today – 4/30.  If you are in doubt as to whether your transfer will have an activity date of today I would pass, but at the very least today is the deadline to initiate the transfer.  You can read more about that promo here or my experience specifically with my Wyndham points here.
  • Some of the shopping portal payouts will update in the morning – let’s keep our fingers crossed for some good offers in May.
  • Beginning May 1st the HHonors Amex cards will lose the 6x category bonus at drugstores.  I believe the exact date of change is tied to your May statement date, but for some that will be as early as tomorrow.  Might be time for one last visit to CVS at 6x is that is your sort of thing.

Please let me know if I have left any other major deadlines off!

9 Responses to “End of the Month – Last Call for Some Promos and Deals”

1. Matt says:

Virgin America 40% bonus on all point purchase/transfers.

2. Jeremy says:

Yes Hilton 6x ends after the first statement that closes in May. Mine closes I believe around mid to late month, so I have another 20 or so days and plan on getting 10K worth. Not much but on all VRs thats nearly 2/3s the top rate equates to about $120 a night at cat 10.

3. Joey says:

Not sure if this is major but today is the last day to buy spg starpoints with a discount of up to 25%.

4. Maury says:

Any word when the new AA reduced mileage awards come out?

5. Treane says:

I booked a three night stay at the Park Hyatt DC for late May. Hyatt’s rate was higher than Hotels.com, so I took advantage of Hyatt’s “Best Rate Guarantee”, which gave me 20% off of the Hotels.com rate when booking directly with Hyatt. I also applied a suite upgrade certificate that I had from applying for the Chase Hyatt card. Regarding the bonus point promotion that you mentioned, would you imagine that my stay will qualify as a “eligible rate” for purposes of earning the bonus? I’m not sure if the “Best Rate Guarantee” would affect anything. Thanks!

6. smay says:

I just called AMEX customer service to check and was told the program change was May 1 and NOT tied to my statement date. Wonder if she was wrong or you are mistaken. I’d hate to waste all those VR’s and time and hate to see your readers (Jeremy) waste theirs. Anyone have definitive confirmation?? I’m thinking of calling another rep see if I get another answer.

7. smay says:

Just called again and was told for sure its May 1….

smay, sadly can’t trust what you are told by reps on the phone any more than you can trust what you read on the internet. ;) I would say if it makes s huge difference as to whether or not you would make another CVS run then just skip it. If you are willing to take the small gamble then do it and see what happens. I don’t think they have done a fantastic job sharing the info about this change – though you should have received something from them in the last few months. I don’t have this card, so can’t speak from personal experience.

8. [...] at restaurants and 7X bonus points for spend at any Hilton brand hotels. This comes just after Amex announced that they will no longer be doing 6X bonus points at drug stores (Walgreens, CVS, etc) This entry [...]