I’m at a blogging conference in Colorado this weekend – and luckily my husband and daughter came along so we could be together.  Being at a conference and then traveling home together may not be the traditional way to celebrate Mother’s Day, but being able to be together is more valuable than any number of flowers ordered at 30x miles per dollar.  Though flowers at 30x are great, too!

I hope that wherever you are today, you make it a point to say Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms, grandmothers, and mother figures in your life.  I’m so lucky to be a mom, and so lucky to have such a happy, fun, crazy, smart, and thoughtful kiddo join in and all our crazy adventures.  Or more accurately, I’m so lucky she allows us to join in all of her crazy adventures.

Also Happy Mother’s Day to my own fantastic mom who helps support us in all that we do!

9 Responses to “Make it a Point to Say Happy Mother’s Day”

1. Yana K says:

Happy Mom’s Day! Little C is so cute, especially in matching sun glasses. :-) She is growing so fast – by how tall she is – she looks to me to be more of a 5-year old, not a three-year old. Basketball or volleyball college scholarship in the future? :-)

2. Grant says:

Happy Mother’s Day MP from all your blog-reading babies.

3. Rasputin says:

In my opinion, every single day in our life is a Valentine’s day, a Mother’s day, a Father’s day etc.
    I refuse to buy into this ‘one-day’ commercialization.

4. Ken says:

Where in CO? We live right by DIA to the west.

5. On 40th birthday, I finally figured out birthdays. I could never figure out why I was getting presents and attention on my birthday – my birthday was completely involuntary on my part. But then, on my 40th, I sent a soppy thank you card to my Mom, with the note “Boy, that must of hurt!” She melted.

Three months later (which is actually 9 months earlier), I sent a thank you note to my Dad. He called and said “Son?” “Yes, Dad?” “The pleasure was all mine.” The Mom said “Yeh, all 10 seconds of it”.

So send a thank you card to your Mom on your birthday and see what happens.

6. Happy Mother’s Day to all the traveling mommies out there!

7. NatR NYC says:

HAPPY MOMMYS DAY !

I wish I was as travel smart as you ……. , but, I am doing my best to take my wife and kiddies worldwide…….

Thanks and enjoy your special day, as well as all your readers, as we are !!

8. DaninSTL says:

Happy Mother’s Day to you.

Yes Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there! I agree it shouldn’t take a specific day to give an extra special thanks, but sometimes a nice reminder to take the time to do that isn’t a bad thing. It doesn’t even have to be commercialized – C and I drew and colored a card for my mom. No miles earned, but no dollars spent. For most moms out there, it is the thought that counts. Hope all the moms had a good day!