Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
We’re at the mid-point for the week (yay!), and here are a few quick summaries of some happenings in the miles and points world.
- Hyatt 48 Hour Sale: Through 11:59PM tonight (5/15) you can get up to 20% off at participating Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt and Andaz properties in the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean via their current 48 hour sale. This sale is valid for travel between Friday May 24, 2013 and Tuesday August 27, 2013, and as always, is non-refundable. You can head to Hack my Trip for a list of all the participating properties. I love these sales when I have a reservation coming up that I know is going to happen, but it pays to compare the discounted rate to other discounts you may have access to such as AAA.
- American Express Business Gold Rewards Card 75,000 point offer – offer expired: Last week the internet darn near caught fire with the extremely temporary 75K Amex Business Gold Rewards card offer that came with just $5,000 in spending over three months. Even my mom got in on that one, and just got her approval yesterday (via email without having to call in). That offer died in less than 24 hours, but now another short term opportunity to get in on 75,000 Amex points is back, though this time with a $10,000 spending requirement within four months. We have seen this offer every month or two this year, but it is a very solid offer if you can meet the hefty spending requirement. You must apply by May 17th (Friday) to get the 75K on this go ’round.
- Southwest is extending their promo for double points and double tier credits for travel through June 15th: This promo was originally scheduled to end today, but now you have another month to bring in the double points. You do need to register for this promotion and you can get more details from Deals We Like.
- Southwest also has some promos coming for double points for those traveling to/from Wichita and Atlanta, and Houston to Boston or LaGuradia. The Houston routes will give double points from June 16, 2013 – August 31, 2013. The details for the Wichita and Atlanta promos aren’t yet totally visible on the Southwest promos site. Head to Points, Miles, and Martinis for more info on this promo.
- Today is the last day to book Marriott Hotels before the most recent round of category changes go into effect. These changes going into effect tomorrow include over a 1/3 of the hotels going up in category, and a 9th category being added. Many of us have certificates for category 1-4 or 1-5 hotels from previous MegaBonus promotions, so it especially pays to see if any hotels you are interested in will be moving up out of that range. One Mile at a Time offers some additional info on these changes.
There you go, you are now (mostly) caught up on the happenings of the day in less time than it took to drink a cup of coffee (unless of course your are shot-gunning it). 😉