Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
As you may already know, the first two weeks of the Daily Getaway deals have been announced. These deals go on sale at 1PM Eastern each weekday for five weeks beginning on Monday June 10th. They are for US residents, and if you use an Amex to pay you save 10% off the prices listed via an immediate discount. Some of the deals are good, some aren’t as good. Some will appeal to certain people, but not to others. Most have (very) limited quantity, so there is no guarantee you will be able to buy even if you want to.
It is a little bit a game of strategy, and a little bit a game of luck in terms of what deals you want to buy and whether or not you are quick enough on the trigger to put one in your virtual cart before they are all gone. If you will get too frustrated by not getting a deal you want, then I recommend not participating. However, I think it is kind of fun, and I have scored some great deals via this promo. If this sounds good to you and you want to play along, here is a more in-depth look at the second week of this year’s deals! You can read about the first week here.
Monday June 17th:
- New York New York Package – $345: Two nights in a suite at New York-New York Hotel & Casino, two tickets to Zumanity & dinner for two at Gallagher’s Steakhouse ($150). 20 available. Valid through December 28, 2013.
- Mirage Package – $1510: Includes four nights in a “Mirage Suite” or similar at The Mirage, airport limo transfers to and from McCarran Airport, dinner for two at Stack, Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak, and Onda Italian Cuisine. Also includes VIP seating for two at The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil and Terry Fator. Also includes massages for two at the Mirage Spa and VIP amenities of champagne and strawberries in your room. Six available. Valid through December 29, 2013.
- Excalibur Package – $495: Includes four consecutive nights in a Contemporary Room (double occupancy) at the Excalibur, two tickets to Criss Angel Believe or Jabawockeez, and $400 food & beverage credit at select Excalibur or Luxor restaurants. 10 available. Valid through January 31, 2014.
- MGM Skylofts Package – $1545: Includes a two consecutive night stay in a one-bedroom LOFT (double occupancy), two 1-hour massages at the Grand Spa, Two dinners for 2 at one of the following MGM Restaurants: Craftsteak, Shibuya, or Pearl, round-trip airport transfer in a Rolls Royce GHOST Sedan from McCarran Airport to/from hotel, and two tickets to KA by Cirque du Soleil. Six available. Valid through December 30, 2013.
- Luxor Package – $535: Includes four consecutive nights in a Tower Deluxe Room (double occupancy) at the Luxor, two VIP tickets (preferred seating) to the Criss Angel Show, and $400 Food & Beverage credit for select Luxor restaurants. 20 available. Valid through January 31, 2014.
- At least one (1) person in the party must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to redeem this package.
- Blackout dates apply.
Tuesday June 18th:
- One night at Omni Berkshire in NYC – $265. Certificate sent via email is valid for one Friday or Saturday night stay through December 30, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Applies to room and room tax only for one night. The guest is responsible for all other charges, incidentals, and gratuities.
- Two night weekend stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts – $180. A certificate in the form of an e-mail valid for a 2-night stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts, valid through December 30, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Valid at the following hotels:
- The Omni Charlotte Hotel
- The Omni Charlottesville Hotel
- The Omni Houston Hotel at Westside
- The Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
- The Omni Jacksonville Hotel
- The Omni Severin Hotel
- The Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
- The Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
- The Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade
- The Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark
- Two night weekend stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts – $270. A certificate in the form of an e-mail valid for a 2-night stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts, valid through December 30, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Valid at the following hotels:
- The Omni Hotel at CNN Center
- The Omni Interlocken Resort
- The Omni Tucson National Resort
- The Omni Hotel at Independence Park
- The Omni Mandalay Hotel
- The Omni Dallas Hotel
- The Omni Fort Worth Hotel
- The Omni Houston Hotel
- The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
- The Omni William Penn Hotel
- The Omni Providence Hotel
- The Omni Richmond Hotel
- The Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
- Two night weekend stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts – $375. A certificate in the form of an e-mail valid for a 2-night stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts, valid through December 30, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Valid at the following hotels:
- The Omni San Francisco Hotel
- The Omni La Mansion del Rio
- The Omni Shoreham Hotel
- The Omni San Diego Hotel
- The Omni Parker House
- The Omni Los Angeles Hotel
- The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort
- The Omni Mount Washington Resort
- The Omni Amelia Island Plantation
- The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
- The Omni Chicago Hotel
Wednesday June 19th:
- 100,000 Club Carlson points for $385. Maximum quantity per purchase is two. A maximum of four sets of points is allowed per loyalty number across both Club Carlson offers. These points are enough for two nights in a standard room at any Club Carlson property. If you have the co-branded credit card then remember your second award night is free! 71 available.
- 50,000 Club Carlson points for $194. Maximum quantity per purchase is two. A maximum of four sets of points is allowed per loyalty number across both Club Carlson offers. 142 available.
Thursday June 20th:
- Palazzo Las Vegas Package for $700.
- Two consecutive nights in a Siena Suite at The Palazzo Resort. Double occupancy. Includes room, tax and daily resort fee.
- Travel is valid through April 1, 2014. Blackout dates may apply.
- Subject to suite availability.
- Blackout dates include June 11 & 12, 2013, December 28, 29, 30, & 31, 2013, and January 7 & 8, 2014.
- Must be 21+
- 42 available
- Venetian Las Vegas Package for $550
- Two consecutive nights in a Piazza View Suite at The Venetian. Double occupancy. Includes room, tax and resort fee.
- This offer is valid for travel through April 1, 2014. Blackout dates may apply.
- Subject to suite availability.
- 50 available
- Blackout dates may apply, subject to suite availability. Blackout dates include June 11 & 12, 2013, December 28, 29, 30, & 31, 2013, and January 7 & 8, 2014.
- Must be 21+
Friday June 21st:
- Avis Chairman’s Membership – $1115. Through July 31, 2014 this includes, among other things, streamlined travel and personalized service from the airport to your car and back with Meet-and-Greet service and Personal Return Valet service. An Avis representative will meet you and escort you directly to your waiting car and, on your return, he or she will take you right to your departure terminal. Includes guaranteed car availability and complimentary upgrades (subject to availability) to the best car available when you reserve an intermediate-level car or higher. Also includes delivery of a car anywhere within 25 miles of participating Avis locations. 15 available.
- One day Avis car rental – $33. One savings certificate via U.S. mail and is valid for travel through March 31, 2014. Valid on rentals through the Premium (G) group. Valid at participating US Avis locations (excluding NYC Metro area), Canada Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Max purchase of 7 certificates – 650 available.
I personally got an amazing amount of value from the Mirage package last year, and think it was totally worth it for my family. However, it isn’t in the travel plans to get it again this year. The Club Carlson points can be worth it for some redemptions – especially at their top category properties in Europe. Remember if you have the credit card you can essentially get two two-night stays at their top end hotels for 100,000 points. That comes to about $87 per night for a hotel like The May Fair in London! If I happened to have about a grand lying around I would be all over the Avis Chairman’s Membership as I think having someone pick you up and drop you off at the terminal would be absolutely amazing when you have kids. That is the very very very worst part of family travel for us, so that would be like having a fairy godmother!
All in all I like some of the Week 2 deals better than Week 1. What do you think? Will you be jumping in on any of these deals?