Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Here are a few quick updates from the world of miles and points:
- Enter to win 250,000 United miles as part of Wyndham Rewards Million Mile Giveaway. They are giving four prizes of 250,000 United miles. I do want to mention that they value these prizes at $6,250, which comes to 2.5 cents per mile. So, be prepared to pay taxes on these prizes if you are lucky enough to win. I’d take 250,000 United miles in exchange for paying the taxes on that prize, but just wanted to mention that detail.
- The 35% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards to British Airways is ending on June 7th (tomorrow), so this is the last call for you to make decisions on whether the transfer is right for you. I will likely transfer a few Membership Rewards points, but not very many since I am doing okay with BA points for now thanks to my British Airways Visa. I don’t recommend speculatively transferring too many points, but diversifying some if you know you have a likely use for the points (especially with a partner like American or Alaska) can be a good thing in some cases.
- Hyatt and the MGM family of resorts have partnered their loyalty programs in an amazing way. Since I am a tremendous fan of both Hyatt and the Vegas MGM properties, I can’t wait to post about this in greater detail next week. However, if you want a preview of these details you can head here. I think it is time I finally write my post about family friendly things to do in Vegas!
- 25% bonus when buying or sharing Southwest points. To celebrate adding the ability to give Southwest points as a gift or transferring points to a someone, Southwest is offering a 25% bonus on buying or sharing points until July 16th. In my view, this is only worth it to top off to an award if you don’t have the ability to transfer points in from a program like Chase Ultimate Rewards. Even with the 25% bonus you are paying about 2.2 cents per point, but you can redeem them (at best) for around 1.67 cents each on Wanna Get Away fares.
- Hawaii is as amazing as everyone says. Save your points up and just go. This isn’t my first trip to Hawaii, but it may be the best one yet. Apologies for being off-line more than usual, will (sadly) return to the land of the living shortly.
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links. As always, your support is very much appreciated!