Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Tomorrow launches the first day of five weeks of Daily Getaway travel deals. Some will be for discounted hotel stays, discounted points purchases, car rental deals, and more. The travel packages are provided by U.S. Travel Association, in cooperation with participating travel operators of the U.S. Travel Association and advertising support provided by American Express. To get an additional 10% off savings you must pay with any American Express card. Daily Getaways are only open to those who are US residents ages 18 and up (though some packages are for 21+).
You can read my overview of Week 1 and Week 2, but I will now be detailing each deal in a little more detail before it goes on sale. First up for Monday are discounted Marriott GiftCards and Worldwide Award Nights.
Here are the details on the GiftCards:
$100 Marriott GiftCard for $89 ($80.10 with Amex), redeemable for $100 at Marriott hotels and hotel outlets (410 available, max purchase of five)
$500 Marriott GiftCard for $445 ($400.50 with Amex), redeemable for $500 at Marriott hotels and hotel outlets (308 available, max purchase of two)
$1000 Marriott GiftCard for $890 ($801 with Amex), redeemable for $1000 at Marriott hotels and hotel outlets (75 available, max purchase of one)
- Marriott GiftCards can be used like cash at over 3,700 participating properties, including any JW Marriott®, EDITIONSM, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, AC by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels®, Courtyard® by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites® by Marriott, SpringHill Suites® by Marriott, Residence Inn® by Marriott, TownePlace Suites® by Marriott, and Marriott Vacation ClubSM (rentals only), worldwide.
- Marriott GiftCards may also be used at participating Ritz-Carlton® Hotels.
- There is no expiration date on GiftCards.
- Within 10-14 business days of purchase, you will receive your Marriott GiftCard(s) via U.S. mail at the shipping address provided at purchase. Upon receipt, visit any participating Marriott or Ritz-Carlton properties worldwide to redeem for stays, dining, spa treatments or golf.
Here are the details on the Worldwide Award Nights:
Worldwide Premier Award: One Night for $261 ($234.90 with Amex), redeemable for one night’s accommodations, applicable room taxes and breakfast for two the following morning. Choose from over 3,200 participating properties worldwide.
Examples of participating properties:
Worldwide Ultimate Award: One Night for $467 ($420.30 with Amex), redeemable for one night’s accommodations, applicable room taxes and breakfast for two the following morning. Choose from over 3,300 participating properties worldwide.
Examples of participating properties:
Details for Ultimate and Premier Award nights:
- Within 10-14 business days of purchase, you will receive your Marriott Worldwide Ultimate Award via email to the email address provided at purchase
- Can redeem at participating JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott Hotels & Resorts®, Courtyard®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Residence Inn® and TownePlace Suites®.
- Expires 15 months from date of issue. Seasonal restrictions may apply.
- 1000 available of each, max purchase of five.
In doing some test searches with both types of certificates I found that they can also sometimes be used for premium room types, for example ocean-view with a balcony in Hawaii. If you combine that ability with free breakfast for two, they can result in savings in some instances. I tend to like the cheaper Premier certificates better, as I think it is easier to get a great deal with breakfast for two all-in for $234 with an Amex than it is on the Ultimate certificates. However, I am sure there are some decent deals to be had at the upper levels as well.
I think that the GiftCards offer a clearer value than the free nights since it comes to basically 20% off when using an Amex card to pay. These seem pretty easy to use and make sense for those with Marriott stays in their future. I’m not sure I stay at Marriott hotels with enough frequency to justify buying this deal, but good luck to those who do go for it!
Both deals go on sale Monday at 1PM Eastern on the Daily Getaways website. Will you be purchasing either deal?