Up next for the Daily Getaways are $50 Alamo rental certificates that are on sale for $25 ($22.50 if you pay with an Amex). In case you are new to the Daily Getaways, they are daily deals for the next five weeks on discounted hotel stays, discounted points purchases, car rental deals, and more. The travel packages are provided by U.S. Travel Association, in cooperation with participating travel operators of the U.S. Travel Association and advertising support provided by American Express. To get an additional 10% off savings you must pay with any American Express card. Daily Getaways are only open to those who are US residents ages 18 and up (though some packages are for 21+). Here is a link to some tips for successfully purchasing these limited quantity deals.
Here are the details for Tuesday’s deal on Alamo car rentals:
- $50 certificate toward a car rental sent via e-mail.
- Max purchase of three
- Within 5 business days of purchase, Alamo will send the purchased certificate(s) to the e-mail address you provide at time of purchase. The e-mail will provide detailed information on how to redeem your certificate either by phone or online.
- Offer valid on the rental of any size car, subject to availability.
- Taxes and other surcharges are paid separately.
- Offer valid for rentals at participating locations in the United States.
- Certificate amount will be applied to total base rate for the entire rental period, and may not be applied to taxes, other government-authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one (1)-way rental charge, or optional items, which are the responsibility of the renter.
- Twenty-four (24)-hour advance reservation required.
- Certificate not valid with any other discount, offer, or promotional rate, except you may combine up to three (3) separate certificates per single rental.
- When using more than one (1) certificate, reservations must be made by calling 1-866-626-9102.
- 2,000 available
If you rent with Alamo this seems like a decent deal, but be aware of the term that says it cannot be combined with any other discount, offer, or promotional rate. I have never bought these certificates myself, so I can’t say how this works in practice. However, if you are getting $50 worth of rental for $22.50 that isn’t too shabby of a deal all by itself. Being able to combine three certificates on one rental make it an even better deal. I do get a little nervous when I see things like “at participating locations” without a list of the participating locations, but that is just me being a little risk-adverse.
The certificates go on sale Tuesday at 1PM Eastern on the Daily Getaways website. Have you bought this deal in the past? Will you be buying it today?