Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
The next round of Daily Getaway deals involve stays at Omni hotels around the United States. In case you are new to the Daily Getaways, they are daily deals for the next five weeks on discounted hotel stays, discounted points purchases, car rental deals, and more. The travel packages are provided by U.S. Travel Association, in cooperation with participating travel operators of the U.S. Travel Association and advertising support provided by American Express. To get an additional 10% off savings you must pay with any American Express card. Daily Getaways are only open to those who are US residents ages 18 and up (though some packages are for 21+). Here is a link to some tips for successfully purchasing these limited quantity deals.
There are several different deals for various Omni destinations available, so be sure to read through the options carefully:
- One night at Omni Berkshire in NYC – $265 ($238.50 with 10% Amex discount). Certificate sent via email is valid for one Friday or Saturday night stay through December 30, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Applies to room and room tax only for one night. The guest is responsible for all other charges, incidentals, and gratuities.
- Two night weekend stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts – $180 ($162 with 10% Amex discount). A certificate in the form of an e-mail valid for a 2-night stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts, valid through December 30, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Valid at the following hotels:
- The Omni Charlotte Hotel
- The Omni Charlottesville Hotel
- The Omni Houston Hotel at Westside
- The Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
- The Omni Jacksonville Hotel
- The Omni Severin Hotel
- The Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
- The Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
- The Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade
- The Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark
- Two night weekend stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts – $270 ($243 with 10% Amex discount). A certificate in the form of an e-mail valid for a 2-night stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts, valid through December 30, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Valid at the following hotels:
- The Omni Hotel at CNN Center
- The Omni Interlocken Resort
- The Omni Tucson National Resort
- The Omni Hotel at Independence Park
- The Omni Mandalay Hotel
- The Omni Dallas Hotel
- The Omni Fort Worth Hotel
- The Omni Houston Hotel
- The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
- The Omni William Penn Hotel
- The Omni Providence Hotel
- The Omni Richmond Hotel
- The Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
- Two night weekend stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts – $375 ($337.50 with 10% Amex discount). A certificate in the form of an e-mail valid for a 2-night stay at select Omni Hotels & Resorts, valid through December 30, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Valid at the following hotels:
- The Omni San Francisco Hotel
- The Omni La Mansion del Rio
- The Omni Shoreham Hotel
- The Omni San Diego Hotel
- The Omni Parker House
- The Omni Los Angeles Hotel
- The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort
- The Omni Mount Washington Resort
- The Omni Amelia Island Plantation
- The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
- The Omni Chicago Hotel
Deal Analysis: I did random searches for various dates for the Omni Berkshire in NYC and weekend rates seem to often be close to $300 per night plus taxes which are likely about another $40 on top of that. So the $238 price available with the Amex discount does seem to be lower that the going rate by about $100. Of course, if you have access to discount codes or similar you may be able to do better. However, $238 all-in for a good hotel in NYC is not a bad price.
I also checked the prices for the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown and saw that nightly prices this summer seemed to often range between $150 – $200 per night plus tax. This means that the discounted $243 price for two weekend nights all-in is certainly better than the average going rate. I suspect that pattern will be similar for most of the hotel options, though always price compare for the hotels in which you are interested. If you are certain you want to stay at a certain Omni property this year then this deal can be worth considering. Just keep in mind that there are blackout dates, though the exact dates aren’t specifically spelled out anywhere I can find.
These deals go on sale Tuesday at 1PM Eastern on the Daily Getaways website. Will you be purchasing any of these deals? If you have purchased this deal in the past, or will be again this year, please feel free to share your experience!