Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
The final week of Daily Getaway deals has now been announced and they have been saving a few of the best deals for last, but (as always) quantities are limited. Remember, these deals go on sale at 1PM Eastern each weekday for five weeks from June 10 – July 12th. We are currently finishing the third week of deals. As always, they are for US residents, and if you use an Amex to pay you save 10% off the prices listed via an immediate discount (discounted not reflected on the prices in this post). Some of the deals are good, some aren’t as good. Some will appeal to certain people, but not to others. Most have (very) limited quantity, so there is no guarantee you will be able to buy even if you want to. Here’s the details on the final five deals.
Monday July 8th:
- 5,000 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points – $280. 45 available, max purchase of 1. (5.6 cents per point)
- 9,000 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points – $430. 35 available, max purchase of 1. (4.8 cents per point)
- 15,000 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points – $720. 50 available, max purchase of 1. (4.8 cents per point)
- A maximum of 3 sets of points is allowed per Hertz member number across all Hertz offers.
- Minimum age for this offer is twenty-five (25) (exceptions apply).
- Advance reservations required. Subject to availability, this offer is redeemable at select Hertz locations in the U.S. and Canada. Not all vehicles, vehicle equipment, and services are available at all locations.
- Points do not expire as long as member has any Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® program activity in the prior 24 months.
Tuesday July 9th:
- 100,000 Hilton HHonors Points – $550. 160 available, max purchase of 1. ($.0055 per point)
- 150,000 Hilton HHonors Points – $825. 200 available, max purchase of 1. ($.0055 per point)
- 250,000 Hilton HHonors Points – $1,375. 200 available, max purchase of 1. ($.0055 per point)
- Up to 3 sets of points may be purchased in total (one per offer) per HHonors member for all Hilton HHonors offers in this promotion.
- HHonors Bonus Points will be posted to member’s account upon validation from the Daily Getaways promotion; please allow 3-4 weeks.
Wednesday July 10th:
- Circus Circus Las Vegas Package – $140
- 3 consecutive night stay in a standard room in the West Tower at Circus Circus Hotel Casino in Las Vegas (double occupancy).
- Breakfast buffet for 2 people during stay and Dinner buffet for 2 people during stay.
- A $75 voucher for The Steak House restaurant inside Circus Circus.
- 1-day passes for 2 to the Adventuredome Theme Park.
- Please note that this offer is valid through December 30, 2013. Subject to availability.
- 40 available, max purchase of 1.
- Aria Las Vegas Package – $1,625
- 3 consecutive nights in a 1-bedroom suite at the exclusive Sky Suites at the ARIA hotel in Las Vegas (double occupancy).
- Dinner for 2 at your choice of one of the many fine restaurants inside ARIA, including: Sage, Sirio Ristorante, AMERICAN FISH, Julian Serrano, or Jean Georges Steakhouse. Dinner is based on the prix fixe menu for 2 (two) people at any of the following restaurants: Sage, Sirio Ristorante, AMERICAN FISH, Julian Serrano, or Jean Georges Steakhouse. Menu includes meal and one (1) bottle of wine at hotel’s selection or two (2) cocktails per person. Both tax and gratuity are included.
- Spa treatments for 2 at The Spa at ARIA. Choice of a fifty (50)-minute massage or facial. Excludes gratuity.
- 2 VIP tickets to Zarkana™ by Cirque du Soleil®. Tickets are subject to the show’s performance schedule. Zarkana is not playing on Wednesdays & Thursdays. Seating is reserved in the optimal viewing rows reserved for VIPs.
- Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Aria Resort & Casino).
- Valid through December 31, 2013, subject to availability and blackout dates.
- 6 available, max purchase of 1.
- HOTEL32 (at Monte Carlo) Package – $825
- 2 nights in a one-bedroom PENTHOUSE Suite at HOTEL32 (double occupancy).
- $150 dining credit that may be used at any Monte Carlo dining outlet with the exception of the food court and in-room dining.
- Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran airport and the Monte Carlo).
- VIP Lounge check-in.
- Additional costs, including an $20 resort fee plus tax per night (subject to change without notice), are not included with this offer and will be the responsibility of the guest upon arrival. Additional room nights are available at prevailing rate.
- Valid through December 27, 2013, excluding blackout dates. Reservation must be booked within 21 days of requested arrival.
- Trip for Four to Mandalay Bay – $1,650
- 2 nights in a 2-bedroom suite at Mandalay Bay. Maximum 4 people.
- 4 tickets to Michael Jackson ONE a Cirque du Soleil® show at Mandalay Bay.
- 2 dinners for 4 people at a restaurant of your choice inside Mandalay Bay. The dinners are available at any of the fine restaurants at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino and THEhotel. $700 will be allotted per dinner and will cover the full party of (4). This covers any part of the meal, including alcohol.
- 4 tickets to Shark Reef Aquarium.
- 4 VIP access passes to the exclusive Foundation Room atop Mandalay Bay.
- Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Mandalay Bay).
- Offer expires January 31, 2014. Blackout dates apply for December 30, 2013 – January 2, 2014.
- Bellagio Package – $1375
- 2 nights in a Bellagio suite (double occupancy).
- 2 tickets to a performance of “O™” by Cirque du Soleil® and a dinner package, including a prix fixe menu, for 2.
- 2 spa treatments (valued at $500)
- Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Bellagio).
- Invited guest check-in at the Bellagio.
- Offer valid when travel is booked by March 25, 2014, for travel through March 31, 2014.
Thursday July 11th:
- 24,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points – $260. 100 available, max purchase of 1.
- 30,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points – $300. 35 available, max purchase of 1.
- 36,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points – $415. 15 available, max purchase of 1.
- 69,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points – $775. 15 available, max purchase of 1.
- A maximum of 4 sets of points is allowed per membership number across all Hyatt offers.
Friday July 12th:
- Three Nights at Fairmont Scottsdale – $675. Receive three 1-night Ovation Rewards Certificates that can be used in combination for a 3-night stay, or for separate reservations. each certificate includes:
- 1 night in a Standard Fairmont Room including applicable room taxes. Single/double occupancy.
- Breakfast for 2 the next morning in the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant including gratuities and dining taxes. Breakfast excludes alcoholic beverages.
- Additional expenses and incidentals are the responsibility of the guest. A credit card is required at the time of reservation for incidentals.
- There are no blackout dates. Upon receiving the certificate you may call the dedicated reservation team to plan your trip.
- There is no expiration date for this certificate.
- Six Nights at The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui (an all-suites hotel) or The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii – $1,800
- Each certificate is valid for 1 night in a standard room (at The Fairmont Orchid) or 1 night in a suite (at The Fairmont Kea Lani). Single/double occupancy.
- Certificate includes breakfast for 2 each morning in the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant. Breakfast excludes alcoholic beverages.
- Certificate covers room and tax, as well as tax and gratuities of included breakfasts. Additional expenses and incidentals are the responsibility of the guest.
- There are no blackout dates.
- There is no expiration date for this certificate.
- Guest must present and surrender Ovation Rewards certificate at time of check-in.
- At the Fairmont Orchid, breakfast includes the Signature Breakfast Buffet at the Orchid Court. At the Fairmont Kea Lani, breakfast includes the buffet at the Kea Lani Restaurant or In-Room dining (max of $37.75 per person per day).
- Ovation Rewards are redeemable based on last-room availability in the room category indicated (some exceptions may apply). Some restrictions may apply to special event dates.
Week 5 Analysis:
Being able to get Hyatt Gold Passport points for around one cent each (with the 10% Amex discount) is great. I know I easily get around two cents per value from my Hyatt points when I redeem them in places like Tokyo, Beaver Creek, Hawaii, Paris, etc. Top tier Hyatt hotels are 22,000 points per night, and Category 1 hotels start at 5,000 points per night. I’m running low on Hyatt points at the moment and will try to grab one of those packages, but there are so few it will almost be like a lottery. Don’t play if you will get too frustrated. Hertz points can also be very valuable – especially for SUVs during ski season. As a point of reference, free weekend rental days start at 500 points. A specialty vehicle (including SUV) for four weekend rental days (Thurs – Mon) starts at 3,000 points. During ski season that could be hundreds of dollars if you don’t have points. I may also try for Hertz points, though I failed at trying to buy some of those last year. I personally have no interest in purchasing Hilton points after they devalued their program. I think some of the Vegas packages could be pretty good if you really maximize everything included (especially the Mandalay Bay package if you split it with another couple). The Fairmont certificates seem to be a pretty hefty discount over the standard room rate that I found often approaching $700 per night!
As always, I will do a more in-depth post on each deal individually before they go on sale. Which packages are you trying for?