Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Some recent small, but interesting, happening in the miles and points world. Be caught up in 60 seconds or less:
- Hyatt 48 Hour Sale returns until tomorrow (Wed) night. The dates vary by property, but seeing deals from August into late in the year. The code for the sale is C4807F. As always, 48 hour sale reservations are non-refundable so be sure of your plans before booking.
- Earn 1,500 bonus Hyatt points through August 31st when you stay at select Hyatts in NYC including Hyatt Union Square, Grand Hyatt New York, Hyatt 48 Lex, Andaz Wall Street or Hyatt Place New York/Midtown-South. You do have to book with offer code NYC15 at the time of booking. Your stay must be booked as an “eligible rate” which is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com or any Hyatt Gold Passport Hotel Partner website, the Hyatt Daily Rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. In other words, this offer code works with things like the AAA rate.
- Enter to win a 3 night stay at the yet-to-open Hyatt Andaz Maui at Wailea via Hack My Trip. Scott also has some good and recent photos of how the hotel construction is progressing.
- For a limited time, JetBlue is offering 90% discount on select fares out of NYC when the temperature goes above 90 degrees (which it did today). The travel dates are very limited, but can be a fun way to head somewhere if you have flexibility. Wandering Aramean has a more detailed post on this deal.
- Hyatt is also offering double Avios (1000 instead of the usual 500) for those who choose to earn Avios instead of Hyatt points on their hotel stays through September 30th. In most cases I would earn Hyatt points, but this is an option that is out there. Use code AVIOS2 when making the reservation. Thanks to Loyalty Lobby for sharing this news!
- If you want to learn more about the new MGM and Hyatt partnership, Jeff Zidell (Hyatt) & Scott Voeller (MGM) will participate in a live Milepoint chat on Tuesday, August 20 at 7 p.m. MDT. I have enjoyed a few of these chats in the past, and will try to tune in for this one as well!
- Starbucks is giving away codes for FlightTrack Pro (normally a $9.99 download) for free. I have collected a few over the past week and am happy to share. Please post in the comments section if you use a code (just give the number 1 – 10) so I can take it off the list as they are one time use. To use them go to the iTunes or App store online and click “redeem”. Then enter the code shown below. I haven’t yet downloaded this app, but I plan to before the September 24th deadline. All gone – that was fast. I’ll post if I get more.
A3XHJPH4LW6F LFWWHAL3T337 4TLFRXW3GAYE 77JL3J7N6WXE MEWLYPLW6L9N YAFHPLWYXFF7 F7K6H6FR67TN 96KJPFEYLWLW 36JJ9PAJWTWY Y4RFR64JMHAP