Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Happy Friday, I’ll keep these updates short so you can finish up work and start the weekend!
- Today is a “First Friday” so the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card pays out at 3x Ultimate Rewards instead of 2x for dining (and drinking) charges today!
- Since today is a Friday it is also a chance to use your Visa Signature credit cards via Fandango to get Buy One Get One movie theater tickets.
- Also, since this is the start of the first weekend of the month, you can also take advantage of Bank of America’s “Museums on Us” for free admission to many museums, gardens, and more around the country. You can read more about that deal in this post.
- A new offer for the British Airways card is out on Chase’s public website that offers 50,000 bonus Avios after you make $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening and the $95 annual fee is waived the first year. Having the first year fee waived is a new type of offer for this card, and this offer is listed as running through September 30th.
- AviancaTaca is again offering a 100% bonus on Lifemiles purchases through August 31, 2013. The terms state you must have been a Lifemiles member before 8/1/13 and there is a maximum of 75,000 miles you can purchase (for a total of 150,000 miles). The price per mile comes to 1.5 cents each. I don’t recommend speculatively buying miles as they can and have changed their award chart without notice, but they do offer some good Star Alliance redemptions.
- Get up to 100% bonus on purchased US Airways miles through 8/31/13. If you purchase 30,000 – 50,000 miles you will get 100% bonus which brings the cost per mile down to around 1.9 cents each. Again, I would not personally recommend buying miles without a specific and fairly immediate redemption in mind, however I know some want to take advantage of this knowing that with the upcoming American Airlines merger the chances to buy miles at this price may be limited.
Have a great weekend full of earning miles and points!
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links. As always, thanks for your support!