Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Busy parents (and non-parents) need quick updates, so here you go…
- Delta announced a devaluation of their program (again) this week. The number of miles required for some low level BusinessElite redemptions are going up 10 – 25% for award travel on or after June 1st. This is why miles and points are not an investment to hold for the long term. They only become less valuable, so use them as you can. They also eliminated the ability to hold award tickets, though you can still cancel without penalty for 24 hours.
- Hyatt has announced a 1,500 point promo for stays in Atlanta through November 30th. Use Offer Code ATL15 to get the bonus points. There are 15 participating properties, including the Hyatt Regency Atlanta we visited earlier this year and Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, Hyatt Place Atlanta Downtown, Hyatt Place Alpharetta/Windward Parkway, Hyatt Place Atlanta Johns Creek, Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall, Hyatt Place Atlanta Buckhead, Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport-South, Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree, Hyatt Place Atlanta/Perimeter Center, Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport-North and HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria.
- The online Priority Club/IHG Rewards Club shopping portal is closing up shop on August 20th. I don’t think this is a big loss as that was not a portal that was one of the more lucrative in the miles and points space.
- AAdvantage Geek reports that those who registered for the AAdvantage elite status promo before it was pulled down and clarified to reflected the targeted nature of the promo will have the deal honored. This is a tremendous promo for those who want elite status with American, so congrats if you got in on time. I registered in time, but likely won’t be able to take advantage since my travel schedule is already stuffed for the remainder of the year with other airlines.
- Sears is 9x via AAdvantage e-shopping through 8/17/13. This is a very good payout these days for Sears, so take advantage if you have some shopping to take care of! Walgreens is also 9x via AAdvantage through the same day.