Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Time for your 60 seconds or less evening miles and points update. Ready, set, go!
- Registration is now open for the SPG “Take Two” promotion that will award double Starpoints® on all eligible stays from September 1 through December 15, 2013 — with no limits. You will also get 2,500 bonus Starpoints for every five eligible nights you stay — up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints and 20 nights. There are a large number of non-participating hotels, but it is always better to register and not need it than forget to register and miss out. I have also updated my promos page accordingly if you want to look at several hotel promos at once.
- There is a Hyatt 48 Hour Sale that is going on through tomorrow 8/21 for stays 9/1 – 12/8 at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts, Park Hyatt and Andaz hotels in the U.S., Canada, and Caribbean is only valid through 11:59 PM CDT August 21, 2013. Use offer code C48AUG and save up to 20%. As always, these reservations will be pre-paid and non-refundable so plan accordingly. Also, the discount will not work at all hotels for all dates.
- Milepoint is hosting an online chat tonight from 7 -8 PM Mountain time with Jeff Zidell (Hyatt) & Scott Voeller (MGM) where you can ask questions or simply watch them answer questions about their programs and new relationship from others. They also tend to give away some prizes at these sort of things.
- There are new Amex sync promos out from retailers including J. Crew, Blue Nile, and more. These offer statement credits when you spend a certain amount on your registered Amex card. Deals We Like has a full list of the available deals.
- The Delta SkyClub at JFK now has children’s menu options available. This isn’t huge news, but anything a US airline does to cater to children or families will catch my attention and be considered a step in the right direction.
- SPG is offering a redemption option for US Open tennis fans who are also SPG credit card holders. For 35k SPG points you get a pair of tickets to an exclusive Cardmember event in the SPG Luxury Suite at the 2013 US Open, with complimentary food and beverages on Tuesday, August 27, 2013. You can choose either the day or evening session. Those interested need to email SPGCardTennisSuite@starwoodhotels.com with first and last name, the session you would like to attend, your SPG number, and your address if you would like your tickets shipped to an address other than the one associated with your SPG account. I have redeemed points for an SPG event in the past, but 35k would be pretty pricey unless you really wanted to be at the US Open that day.
- Club Carlson is offering up to a 50% bonus purchased points through October 15th. The 50% bonus kicks in if you purchase 31,000 – 40,000 points. Points are available in 1,000 point increments for $7.00 per 1,000, up to 40,000 points per account, per calendar year. That means that with this bonus 40,000 points would cost $280 and would result in you gaining 60,000 points at a cost of a little less than 1/2 a cent per point. If you happen to also have the Club Carlson card that gives you the last award night free, this could be a good deal if you have an expensive redemption in mind and are running low on points. I would not speculatively buy these points and sit on them.
Have a great night and let me know if I missed your favorite miles and points tidbit of the day!