Well at least US Airways didn’t give us collective heart attacks by naming this promo the Grand Slam, but they did stick with the sports naming theme with the name Fall Kickoff. For those who don’t know, the Grand Slam was a very lucrative US Airways promotion that last appeared in 2011 and is missed dearly…RIP. While the Fall Kickoff promotion is no Grand Slam, it is perhaps a very distant relative that can be useful if you fly US Airways this fall. Personally, I am skipping this promo since I have no US Airways travel planned, and instead am just buying miles at 1.1 cents each. I will still register for this promo because you never know for sure where your travels might take you.
Here are the details for the Fall Kickoff:
Register for our Fall Kickoff and complete at least one of the plays below to score bonus miles on your flights through November 17, 2013. Depending on which play you complete, you’ll score a “field goal” for 50% bonus miles or a “touchdown” for 100% bonus miles on all your flights. If you complete more than one activity, the higher payout trumps.
Field goal – 50% bonus miles on fall flights
- Spend $2,000 on your US Airways Visa or US Airways MasterCard
- Book and stay with any of our hotel partners
- Book and rent from any of our car rental partners
Touchdown – 100% bonus miles on fall flights
- Fly to or from Charlotte, Mexico City or Washington, DC (DCA)
- Fly any Shuttle flight
- Get or renew an annual club membership
- Spend $4,000 on your US Airways Visa or US Airways MasterCard
Many people, myself included, have been targeted for spending bonus on their US Airways MasterCard for the 4th quarter, so that would stack nicely with being rewarded for using your card via this promotion as well.
A few terms and conditions:
- Registration required. Registration begins September 30, 2013 and ends November 17, 2013.
- Your Dividend Miles number must be entered at time of booking.
- You may only participate in the promotion with one Dividend Miles account. If you are found to be participating with multiple Dividend Miles accounts, all bonus miles earned from the promotion will be forfeited and removed from your accounts.
- Bonus miles earned from this promotion will be from flights taken; bonus miles will not be awarded on partner activity. All travel must take place on US Airways or US Airways Express carriers September 30, 2013 – November 17, 2013.
- The bonus miles awarded as part of this promotion are not Preferred-qualifying miles. If you qualify for both bonuses, only the 100% bonus will be honored. Please allow 6 – 9 weeks after qualifying flight activity is completed for the bonus miles to post to your account.
- US Airways MasterCard or US Airways Visa purchases must occur with a statement date September 30, 2013 – November 30, 2013. In order to qualify for the 50% bonus miles offer, US Airways MasterCard or US Airways Visa cardholders must make purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) that total at least $2,000 and have a posting date to the cardholder’s Dividend Miles account September 30, 2013 – November 30, 2013. In order to qualify for the 100% bonus miles offer, US Airways MasterCard or US Airways Visa cardholders must make purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) that total at least $4,000 and have a posting date to the cardholder’s Dividend Miles account between September 30, 2013 and November 30, 2013. If a Dividend Miles member has more than one US Airways credit card, the purchase requirement must be met on an individual US Airways credit card; purchases cannot be combined across multiple US Airways credit cards.