Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Right-to-the-point miles and points news for busy folks…
- Get up to 20% off JetBlue flights if you book today (Tuesday) using the promo code OCTOBER1. The 20% off domestic trips and 15% off international trips is off the base fare (not taxes/fees). You must book by 11:50 EST tonight for travel October 15 – November 20, 2013. Not valid for Friday or Sunday flights. Roundtrip travel required.
- JetBlue announced more details of their fancy “Mint” premium suites that will operate on their JFK – LAX/SFO routes beginning next summer. Gotta say that the seats/suites look really nice, but I can’t say I agree with their strategy of making the experience accessible to everyone. $599 one-way as a starting price-point is likely a lot lower than for comparable products from competitors, but paying about $1,200 for a round trip ticket within the United States is hardly accessible for everyone…or maybe I’m just a cheapo.
- Frontier Airlines has a 16% discount code (SNOW16) that is available on domestic fares from Tuesday, October 1, 2013, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, Thursday, October 3, 2013. The discount will apply to regular and sale fares for domestic travel from November 12, 2013, through November 20, 2013. Coincidentally enough, Frontier got some new owners today…expect them to become even more of a budget carrier in the future.
- If you need to book a trans-con ticket, today is a good day to pay attention to sales and pull the trigger. I’ve seen fares around the $225 mark RT on various dates through the end of the year. As always, @airfarewatchdog and @theflightdeal have been sharing some good examples today on Twitter.
- Hilton HHonors new promo “More Nights, More Points” promo kicks-off on October 10th. Earn double points for stays of two nights, triple points for stays of three nights, and quadruple points for stays of four nights or longer. One night stays earn at the standard rate. This promo runs from October 10 to January 31, 2014. I can’t find a working registration link right now, but there does seem to be a list of non-participating hotels available.
- Looks like this year Small Business Saturday will again provide Amex statement credits, but they are down to $10 per card from $25 per card in previous years. You will need to register any eligible American Express Card online at www.shopsmall.com. Registration is limited. Registration opens at 12:00 A.M. MST (Mountain Standard Time) on 11/24/13 and continues until 11:59 P.M. MST on 11/30/13, unless the registration limit is reached sooner. It also says that the small business needs to be on the Small Business Saturday Map. Thanks to Dans Deals for sharing the news on this one.