Just a quick note to say that Barclays has brought back the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus on the Premier Miles & More World MasterCard. This temporarily increased sign-up bonus was around earlier this year, and is now back! This card isn’t for everyone, but there are some pretty good uses of these miles even if you never plan to leave the US, or set foot on a Lufthansa operated flight.
Update: Offer details have now changed. Now you can earn up to 35,000 award miles with qualifying transactions.
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase
- 15,000 award miles with balance transfers (1 miles per $1 transferred) within 30 days of account opening
- Complimentary companion ticket after first purchase, then annually thereafter.
- Enjoy 2 award miles per $1 on Miles & More integrated airline ticket purchases and 1 award mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- No foreign transaction fees
There is a $79 annual fee (though it is waived for waived for Senator and HON Circle Members). Be aware that Barclays sometimes will automatically consider you for a lesser product in the event you are not approved for the product you apply for. In this case, the terms indicate that both the Premier World or Platinum MasterCard versions of this card will get the full sign-up bonus, provided the spending requirement is met. The terms also indicate that this offer ends December 15, 2013, but may be canceled at any time without notice.
I’ll share more about exactly how to best make use of this offer in the near future. Until then, if you got in on it last time feel free to share how you maximized the miles!