Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Here’s a quick recap of recent updates in the miles, points, and travel world for busy folks who don’t have a second to spare…
- More airlines now have FAA approval for travelers to use electronic devices from gate to gate. Delta and JetBlue were first, but now American, US Airways (mainline only), and United (mainline only) have joined the list. But please, bring something other than just electronics to keep your little ones occupied…just in case.
- Through December 13th, you can save up to 25% over the regular price on purchased SPG points. SPG points usually cost $0.035 USD per point (minimum 500 Starpoints). However, if you purchase 5,000 – 12,500 SPG points you can do it for $0.028 USD per point, or if you purchase 13,000 – 20,000 points you can do it for $0.02625 USD per point. Even though it is certainly possible to get more value than that from a SPG point, I would not speculatively buy points at this price. Instead, just top off if you need to for an award redemption.
- Between November 8th- November 21st you will receive a 25% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards to their new transfer partner, Emirates. This joins the current Membership Rewards transfer bonuses for British Airways and Virgin Atlantic.
- Free ShopRunner membership with an eligible American Express card. This will provide you free two-day shipping at over 80 stores including eBags, Lord and Taylor, Calvin Klein, drugstore.com, American Eagle, Newegg, Babies R Us, Dominos Pizza, PetsMart, Toys R Us, and many others. Could save you some money, especially on smaller purchases that otherwise wouldn’t have free shipping. You can get more info at Do It For the Points.
- Today is the last day to earn 18x at Neiman Marcus via the American Airlines AAdvantage shopping portal. You can up that to a combined total of 23x by paying with the Chase Freedom – $200 Bonus Cash Back card if you have registered for the 4th quarter 5x bonus categories of department stores and Amazon.com.
- Lucky reports that there is very good Lufthansa first class space available on a new route from Toronto – Munich for next summer. This is pretty huge for those who want to use their United miles to get to Europe this way before it will cost a lot more after February 1st to do the same trip. Book quickly!
Hope you all have a great night!