Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
I’ve written about the Starwood Preferred Guest Moments program a few times before, including when I used SPG points to sit in the SPG luxury box at a Chicago Cub’s game earlier this year, as well as when I was a guest of SPG at the US Open, which was also available as a SPG Moments redemption. I think that 95% of the time, you are best off using hotel points for their intended purpose of hotel rooms (or even airline mile redemptions in certain cases), but there is that 5% of the time that there are some other redemption opportunities that can be pretty cool.
Last night I was catching up on the current opportunities available via SPG Moments, and there were some that I thought worth sharing. Note that some of these are auction-style offerings, and some are a fixed points price (which I prefer). I personally value SPG points at around 2.5 cents a piece, and while your valuation might be a bit lower or higher, it is important to have an idea of what your points are worth to you so that you can decide whether one of the SPG Moments is a “good” deal to you or not.
- Have your 6-12 year old be a “stick kid” for the New York Rangers on Tuesday, November 19, 2013. Also includes access to the SPG Luxury Suite with game tickets for two (2), including complimentary food and beverage while in suite. Current high bid 31,500 SPG points.
- Have your 6-12 year old ride the Zamboni during an intermission of the Rangers – New Jersey Devils game on December 7, 2013, complete with a live shot of your child on the GardenVision jumbotron. In addition to the ride, you and your child will enjoy the game from lower-level seats at Madison Square Garden. Current high bid 18,000 SPG points.
- Doubleheader featuring four men’s college basketball teams on December 17th — Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Florida and Memphis. Includes access to the SPG Luxury Suite at Madison Square Garden, stocked with food and beverage as well as two reserved premium seats. Fixed price of 15,000 SPG points for two seats.
- Notre Dame vs Ohio State on December 21st at Madison Square Garden. Includes access for two in the SPG Luxury Suite, food and beverages in the suite, and two reserved suites in the Event Level Suite section. Fixed price of 20,000 SPG points for two seats.
- Phish Concert at Madison Square Garden on December 28, 29, or 30. Includes access for two in the SPG Luxury Suite, food and beverages in the suite, and two reserved suites in the Event Level Suite section. Fixed price of 35,000 SPG points for two seats.
- Premiere Night of KOOZA by Cirque du Soleil in Paris on November 26th. This package includes two VIP ROUGE tickets to Premiere Night of KOOZA by Cirque du Soleil in Paris, France, on Tuesday, November 26, 2013, access for two to the VIP ROUGE experience-a one-hour pre-show hospitality event including drinks and hors d’oeuvres in the VIP ROUGE tent, a one night stay for two, including breakfast, at Le Meridien Etoile, and transfer to and from the show. The bids current range from 5,500 – 6,500 points for two tickets.
- Depeche Mode in London on November 19th at the o2. Includes two premium tickets to the Depeche Mode concert. Fixed price of 5,000 SPG points for two tickets.
- Private Event with Britney Spears in LA on November 21st. Package includes admission for two to a private “tastemaker” event by Britney Spears on Thursday, November 21, 2013 and a post-performance photo opportunity with Britney Spears. Current high bid 30,500 SPG points.
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade from Jazz at Lincoln Center. This package includes access for two to the parade-viewing party at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City on Thursday, November 28, 2013, brunch buffet with gourmet stations and children’s items, children’s activities including face painting, cookie decorating, photo-booth access and Big Apple Circus performances, and a special children’s gift. Current high bid 30,500 SPG points. Note that this was available for $100 a ticket to MasterCard holders, but it is now sold out via that method.
- Gold Weekend with Sam Torrance in Spain from November 22 – November 24. This is a pretty great package that includes a cocktail reception for two at the Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel on Friday, November 22, 2013, a golf clinic for two hosted by Sam Torrance at the Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel on Saturday, November 23, 2013, followed by lunch at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, Mallorca. It also includes dinner for two at the Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel on Saturday, a round of golf as part of a 22-person group also hosted by Sam Torrance on Sunday, November 24, 2013. For the non-golfer, choice of one spa treatment from a selection on either Saturday, November 23, or Sunday, November 24, 201. It also includes a two-night stay for two at the Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel, checking in on Friday, November 22, and checking out on Sunday, November 24, 2013. Just a two night stay will run you 16k SPG points per night, but this whole package is a fixed price of 25,000 SPG points for two people.
If I had 30,000+ extra SPG points laying around, I would love to go to the Thanksgiving Day Parade experience. If I could sneak away to Spain, that golf package is truly a tremendous deal! This is just a sampling of all the available packages, so I recommend you check out the SPG Moments page for yourself if any of this sounds remotely interesting.