Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
I love Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, and while I think I am passing on my Black Friday midnight crazy shopping itinerary (for the first time in a very long time), I know I will at least be on the computer looking for some great deals on presents and other things we “need”. However, great deals this week are not limited to electronics, clothing, and toys. The travel industry gets in on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday action with some deals that are mediocre, and some deals that are pretty great!
Just like with the best deals on the hot gadgets, the almost-too-good-to-be-true travel deals won’t last long, so it pays to be ready by doing a little research ahead of time to know what might be coming. The travel industry seems to start their deals Wednesday of this week and then they pop up through Cyber Monday, or in the case of HoJo, “Orange Wednesday”. I recommend checking in on Twitter starting this Wednesday and lasting through Cyber Monday (yes, I hate those terms too) to see what deals are out, as they probably won’t last very long. I will share the deals I come across, and encourage you to do the same! If you aren’t already, feel free to follow me at @mommy_points.
I suspect we will see some offers coming from the hotel and airline chains themselves, and then some coming from individual properties. I know some are planning to use social media tweets and similar to deliver discount codes specifically to those who respond.
Here are a few deals I know are coming (or are already launched), and please feel free to add to the list in the comments section. This is just a sampling and I bet some good deals are still to come.
- Select Marriott Hotels (about 350 properties) will be participating in a Cyber Monday deal. I can’t share the exact details on this one yet, but I can tell you to check back here around Friday of this week for full details and to enter a great giveaway to go along with it!
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel in Philadelphia will be offering rooms on its new Business Class Floor for just $19.26 as part of a Cyber Monday sale that launches at midnight. This hotel just completed a big renovation and Business Class rooms include access to the exclusive Lounge, where you can have breakfast and evening snacks. There are a limited number of rooms available at that price, and it is a per-person price not including tax. There is a limit of one room per person and a maximum of two nights per reservation. Some black-out dates will apply.
- Book a JetBlue flight using your TrueBlue points between now and December 2, 2013 for travel November 25, 2013 – January 31, 2014, and you’ll get 2,013 points back.
- “Suite Yourself” deal of up to 50% off Wyndham Extra Holidays at 30 resorts in the US, Caribbean, and Canada. The sale begins at midnight (EST) Wednesday, November 27th.
- Starwood Preferred Guest has their annual Cyber Monday Sale. That includes 50% off every other night on upgraded rooms and suites (Book by November 27) or up to 15% – 35% off on standard rooms (Book by December 2).
- Red Roof Inn will have a 30% off sale on select properties on Cyber Monday.
- Howard Johnson is offering 50% at some properties on “Orange Wednesday” which apparently is December 4th. You can save 50% off when they book up to a three night stay at participating Howard Johnson hotels.
- Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, and Keystone will be offering up to 50% on lodging at the resorts, as well as discounts on gear, ski rentals and Colorado Mountain Express shuttles. Their site says to come back on Wednesday 11/27 for info on the Cyber Monday deals.
- Liftopia is offering what they call their biggest sale ever with up to 75% off lift tickets (though most discounts are smaller). There are more than 120 participating ski resorts. Their sale has already started.
- Hotels.com will be offering a sale from midnight on Black Friday through Cyber Monday. They are still just putting “teasers out” at this point, but part of the teaser includes reference to $1, so perhaps a limited number of rooms will be available for a $1.
Are there any specific deals you are hoping to get in on this week?