Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Happy Thanksgiving, again! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your time with family, turkey, and more. Leftovers are still in the fridge, but otherwise the extended family has left, the kid is passed out on the couch, and now it is time to switch gears to the deal hunting (and Christmas decorating) portion of the week – at least at my house. I did a post on some deals I knew were coming a few days ago, but I’m adding those deals to some newer ones that have surfaced all to this post. I’ll also continue to post and Tweet (@mommy_points) some of the deals I think are interesting as I come across them. Please share the ones you find as well!
- Shockingly, there are currently some actually decent merchandise redemptions available using United miles via their own version of a “Black Friday” sale. Redemption rates are better for elites, but an example in my account is 23,100 miles for a Tumi Alpha Continental Carry-On bag that is on Amazon.com currently for $595. If you were going to buy the bag at close to that price anyway, that is about 2.5 cents per point which is pretty good. There were a few other things like Michael Kors purses available at a similar redemption rate thanks to this sale. I’m still not a buyer, but I can see how a few others might be.
- Office Max will offer $20 off the purchase a $200 Visa or MasterCard gift card in OfficeMax stores (limit one per customer) when they open on Thanksgiving. If you buy with a card that pays 5x (like the Ink Bold or Ink Plus) you will be doing even better!
- Use discount code of THNKS to get rates as low as $249 per night at the Grand Hyatt Kauai through May 2014 (blackout dates apply). The rates are non-refundable, but were the lowest I saw on the searches I ran for select dates.
- Hyatt Hill Country Resort and Spa has a pretty good offer on Travelzoo that is $149/night or $289 for two nights in a king room or $229/night or $439 for two nights in a suite. The one night deals include a $50 credit and the two night deals include a $100 credit. Good for travel through February, blackout dates apply. My favorite feature of this hotel, the water park, obviously won’t be rocking and rolling in the winter, but the property could still be really good for a quick San Antonio getaway.
- HotelTonight app will offer $99 rooms in markets like Manhattan, San Francisco, Chicago, etc. on Black Friday at 9AM in each market.
- Atlantis is offering what they call their “lowest rates of 2014” starting at $99 per person per day for certain dates in the Coral Tower.
- Select Marriott Hotels (about 350 properties) will be participating in a Cyber Monday deal. I can’t share the exact details on this one yet, but I can tell you to check back here around Friday of this week for full details and to enter a great giveaway to go along with it!
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel in Philadelphia will be offering rooms on its new Business Class Floor for just $19.26 as part of a Cyber Monday sale that launches at midnight. This hotel just completed a big renovation and Business Class rooms include access to the exclusive Lounge, where you can have breakfast and evening snacks. There are a limited number of rooms available at that price, and it is a per-person price not including tax. There is a limit of one room per person and a maximum of two nights per reservation. Some black-out dates will apply.
- Book a JetBlue flight using your TrueBlue points between now and December 2, 2013 for travel November 25, 2013 – January 31, 2014, and you’ll get 2,013 points back.
- “Suite Yourself” deal of up to 50% off Wyndham Extra Holidays at 30 resorts in the US, Caribbean, and Canada. The sale begins at midnight (EST) Wednesday, November 27th.
- Starwood Preferred Guest has their annual Cyber Monday Sale. That includes 50% off every other night on upgraded rooms and suites (Book by November 27) or up to 15% – 35% off on standard rooms (Book by December 2).
- Red Roof Inn will have a 30% off sale on select properties on Cyber Monday.
- Howard Johnson is offering 50% at some properties on “Orange Wednesday” which apparently is December 4th. You can save 50% off when they book up to a three night stay at participating Howard Johnson hotels.
- Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, and Keystone will be offering up to 50% on lodging at the resorts, as well as discounts on gear, ski rentals and Colorado Mountain Express shuttles. Their site says to come back on Wednesday 11/27 for info on the Cyber Monday deals.
- Liftopia is offering what they call their biggest sale ever with up to 75% off lift tickets (though most discounts are smaller). There are more than 120 participating ski resorts. Their sale has already started.
- Hotels.com will be offering a sale from midnight on Black Friday through Cyber Monday where you can get the second night for $1 at select hotels.
Have you found any Black Friday travel related deals that look good to you? Check back here in the morning for a chance to win some big gift cards from Marriott!