Please note this site has financial relationships with American Express and this post may contain affiliate links. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here to learn more about my partners.
Just as I promised earlier today, we are giving away a staggering 70,000 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints in conjunction with my participation in the “SPG Stars” program and the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express card. This is a super fast giveaway that runs just six hours today only (December 4th) from 11AM – 5PM Eastern, so don’t delay if you want a chance to win!
The rules are very simple:
2. Tweet me letting me know where you would want to go during the holidays with 70,000 SPG points using the hashtag #spgamexMP
An example of an eligible Tweet would be:
@Mommy_Points I would head to the Westin Riverfront to do some skiing at Beaver Creek around the holidays! #spgamexMP (you can even just copy and paste this Tweet if you want!)
3. To be sure you are entered, make sure in the Tweet you have both @Mommy_Points and the hashtag #spgamexMP
As part of the “SPG Stars” program, Amex also gave me 70,000 points to see how I would use them around the holidays. There are lots of great uses of 70,000 SPG points like the Nights and Flights program at Category 3 and 4 hotels, so I was torn on what to do. However, nothing screams holidays to me like a gorgeous ski mountain in Colorado. I wanted to take this opportunity to stay at a SPG ski property I had never visited, so I was able to get a couple of nights at the St. Regis Aspen right around Christmas by booking just a few months in advance for 30,000 SPG points per night. That is a massive number of points, but it is the only way we would ever be able to stay here this time of year since rooms around the holidays are well north of $1,000 per night (in fact, they are currently showing $2,000 per night!!). My stay hasn’t yet happened, but we are very much looking forward to this very unique holiday experience.
The nitty gritty:
To be eligible you have to enter on Twitter between 11AM ET and 5PM Eastern today. You can find all the fine print of the promotion here. Some of the fine print includes:
- You have to be at least 18 and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia
- Only one entry is allowed per person/Twitter account
- Winner will be selected at random
- Winner is responsible for paying taxes on the value of the prize ($1750 ARV with SPG points being valued at 2.5 cents per point, and yes I have the same tax issues with the 70k points I was given)
- Winner must have or open a SPG account to be awarded the prize
- A winner will be contacted within 24 hours and announced both here and on Twitter
Please let me know in the comments section if you have any questions (remember entries are accepted only on Twitter as outlined above). Good luck!
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links, and did receive 70k points myself as part of this giveaway. As always, thanks for your support.