Over the summer many of us were very excited when Hyatt Gold Passport and the MGM properties in Las Vegas teamed up to form a relationship where you could earn Hyatt points and stay credits when staying at MGM properties in Vegas. You could also use Hyatt points to redeem for award stays at those hotels, and benefit from some elite status matching from MLife and Hyatt Gold Passport.
Now Starwood Preferred Guest and Total Rewards (Caesars) are partnering up so that as of January 9, 2014, you can earn and redeem SPG points at over 15 participating hotels in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Lake Tahoe, and more. Just like with the Hyatt/MLife relationship you will also earn SPG points and SPG night credits* at Caesars Entertainment hotels (in addition to Reward Credits earned as a Total Rewards member).
Redeem SPG Points at Caesars Hotels:
- SPG members can redeem Starpoints for stays at participating Caesars Entertainment hotels.
- Plus, SPG members can redeem Starpoints for exclusive Moments by SPG experiences. See what’s live now at SPG.com/moments
Earn SPG Points at Caesars Hotels:
- Registered SPG members earn 2 Starpoints® for every eligible $1 charged to their hotel folio at Caesars Entertainment hotels (in addition to Reward Credits earned through Total Rewards, Caesars Entertainment’s award-winning loyalty program).
- Plus, registered SPG members earn credit toward SPG elite qualification for redeemed and paid Caesars Entertainment stays, up to 10 nights per calendar year.
You can register now to link your Total Rewards and SPG accounts. You will need a Total Rewards number to register. You do not get status in the Total Rewards Program based on your SPG status, but a Seven Stars Total Rewards Member that is not a Gold Preferred Guest or a Platinum Preferred Guest in the SPG Program at the time of registration will receive Gold Preferred Status in the SPG Program within 2 weeks after registration and will maintain at least Gold Preferred Status for as long as he/she remains both a Seven Stars Member and a participant in the SPG-Total Rewards Member Benefits;.
According to the SPG announcement on Milepoint, starting today you will also be able to “redeem Starpoints for exclusive access to amazing experiences – including a Platinum member-only celebration weekend in Las Vegas, and so much more through Moments by SPG.”
Some examples of these SPG Moments auctions are VIP Planet Hollywood with Britney Spears Meet and Greet or Caesar’s Palace “Hangover” Weekend (Tiger Not Included) that includes things like:
- Two (2) nights’ stay in The Forum Towers Emperors Suite for up to eight (8) guests
- VIP table for up to eight (8) guests at PURE(R) nightclub – including admission and line passes
- $400 food and beverage credit at Nobu Restaurant and Lounge
- Up to eight (8) tickets to Absinthe at Caesars Palace
- One (1) roundtrip limo transfer for up to eight (8) between the airport and Caesars Palace
There are also some fixed value redemptions (my preference over auctions) such as 10,000 SPG points for two premium tickets to Britney Spears’ “Pieces of Me” show at Planet Hollywood on certain dates.
More to come, but this is a pretty exciting development in my book, even though the relationship doesn’t seem to be as beneficial for us points junkies as perhaps the Hyatt/MGM relationship is. Still, it is always good to have more options to earn and redeem SPG points.